Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only blooded humans and those with elven blood (½-elves and elves) can cast true magic. This should be carried over, since I feel it means a lot to the setting, as it limits the amounts of Wizards running around. There were no sorcerers, since sorcerers in general doesn't fit the setting, except perhaps there may be some elven sorcerers. Controlling magic in Cerilia is difficult.
    I absolutely disagree with this. The BR restriction was in order to be a wizard (greater magic) a character had to be blooded or have elven blood. The only reason the other races were eliminated was because the cores rules didn't alow them to be magic users (that was the point I was making and only gnome in the core rules could bypass this one). And the issue about who can and can't be a wizard has already been decided for the BRCS - the chapter was sanctioned except for the noble class and skills, feats and equipment already. The BRCS does say that the other races (halfling and dwarves) have very few arcane casters.

I agree that multiclass rules have changed and that things should get adjusted to fit. Perhaps add the classes together and then dividing by the number of classes. For instance Fighters gather 100% province and 100% law, while Cleric collect 100% province, 50% law, 100% temple. Then add those two together to 200% province, 150% law and 100% temple and divide it by two: 100% province, 75% law, 50% temple? Then it wouldn't really matter with skills, something which I feel forces people to focus on certain skills and if it's a low level character you gain few RP. For instance Eluvie Cariele must spend 10 of her perhaps 15 skill points on two skills, so that she can get RP from her holdings.
    IIRC there was already a poll on whether or not RP collection should be tied into skills or classes and skills won. Regardless this discussion isn't really appropriate for this thread since it is supposed to be about a specific prestige class and just sort of spread into covering the council itself.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only blooded humans and those with elven blood (½-elves and elves) can cast true magic. This should be carried over, since I feel it means a lot to the setting, as it limits the amounts of Wizards running around. There were no sorcerers, since sorcerers in general doesn't fit the setting, except perhaps there may be some elven sorcerers. Controlling magic in Cerilia is difficult.
    I absolutely disagree with this. The BR restriction was in order to be a wizard (greater magic) a character had to be blooded or have elven blood. The only reason the other races were eliminated was because the cores rules didn't alow them to be magic users (that was the point I was making and only gnome in the core rules could bypass this one). And the issue about who can and can't be a wizard has already been decided for the BRCS - the chapter was sanctioned except for the noble class and skills, feats and equipment already. The BRCS does say that the other races (halfling and dwarves) have very few arcane casters.

I agree that multiclass rules have changed and that things should get adjusted to fit. Perhaps add the classes together and then dividing by the number of classes. For instance Fighters gather 100% province and 100% law, while Cleric collect 100% province, 50% law, 100% temple. Then add those two together to 200% province, 150% law and 100% temple and divide it by two: 100% province, 75% law, 50% temple? Then it wouldn't really matter with skills, something which I feel forces people to focus on certain skills and if it's a low level character you gain few RP. For instance Eluvie Cariele must spend 10 of her perhaps 15 skill points on two skills, so that she can get RP from her holdings.
    IIRC there was already a poll on whether or not RP collection should be tied into skills or classes and skills won. Regardless this discussion isn't really appropriate for this thread since it is supposed to be about a specific prestige class and just sort of spread into covering the council itself.
    Duane Eggert

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Angelbialaska@Feb 6 2005, 12:28 AM
    I've got some stuff written about the College of Sorcery, but I don't know how to upload it.
    If it is a word of pdf document that you would like attached to a message, I can do that for you, please e-mail it to hoss@chariot.net.au and I'll do it as soon as I get it.

You can just cut and paste the information into a post though and I'll then cut and paste it into the Atlas document
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Feb 4 2005, 09:47 PM
    I don't think any wizard who is currently a regent in his own right would sit on the council of the college of sorcery. That would make it a political body, like the Imperial Senate, rather than a council of wizard dealing primarily with the college itself and with monitoring magic in the Imperial City.

I would prefer to see the college council as the highest ranking staff members/teachers in the college. Most likely they are the only ones available for teaching, as given the small number of true wizards around, there isn't going to be a lot of skilled wizards available as teachers at the college.

Also, remember that the college does teach both magicians and true wizards, and in fact a good number of their members are likely magicians rather than wizards.
    Which is why I suggested that ranks in the College be given at the progression of the PrC. Only those truly devoted to the College of Sorcery will attain any significant official rank within its halls. However, nothing stops Caine, HMA, etc to becoming honorary members or working with the College.

Thread Information