Thread: Old Empires

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found very little about the old Empire that the Andu people fled from, who were they were they men, monsters, ruled by a single emperor or high cleric? what has happened to them sence then, are they ever coming back? I looking for any oficial refrences first if there are any.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is very little "official" reference that I am aware of. This was one of those grey areas.

The only references that I can think of, and can't even remember what book it's in right now, are that there are Empires (as in multiple, not just one), that they are very decadent, and that they still follow Azrai mostly... refusing to accept he is dead.

Oh, and that if you had forged a trade link to the unknown, this was one of the places that theoretically it went to.

Beyond that, the sky is the limit. A few folks have sites for Aduria, and they might bear checking out.

One big thing to note would be the different type of magic these folks would have... seeing as how they are human and maybe goblins, they would have NO true magic... only magicians. So, building them as Empires with that in mind would be interesting. Also, at least when I put a bit of time into it, considering that the Empires confronted the 7 tribes partly at the urging of Azrai, one must assume that the Priesthood had a major influence over the Empires.

And, as a thought, I would find Druids and Rangers to be fairly rare/non-existent. I always got the impression that the humans, upon arriving in Cerilia, they were the "barbarian tribes" and the frontiers folk. The Old Imperials were probably predominantly city-dwellers and remained such.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with epicsoul, and yet disagree.

As is covered in a different discussion, bloodlines are not exclusive to Cerelia. There would certainly be blooded individuals in Aduria, and possibly elsewhere, too. Thus there would be true wizards. And there could be elves elsewhere, too - no where does it preclude them outside of Cerelia.

Also... the little bit of info we have from Richard Baker has a few realms in Aduria that are pretty nomadic / barbaric. And if you look at the maps he drew up for his notes, there are a lot of forests, too, so druids would exist. Basically, Aduria is just another bigger continent similar to Cerelia.

And yes - there will be a lot of empires / realms / regions in Aduria where the Old Empires came from. Lots of variety and options. Ian's (Prince Raesene's) site (the old one, if it's still there) has lots of info about Aduria.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, Benjamin, have to disagree with you on one part that you said.

There shouldn't be elves at least anywhere else that the humans have been on Aebrynis. Otherwise, why was it such a big shock to run into them on Cerilia? It's a little less clear about the dwarves.

Unless the elves were annihilated on the rest of the world already, but I don't buy that.

Actually, on this site, there have been a few folks that advocated there may be other races on the world that just aren't native to the region. I say go with that. Cultural isolation has prevented these races from ever establishing themselves on Cerilia, but they could be on Aduria - or that land across the Sea of Dragons that the Basarji came from. Heck, a migratory invasion could be a very interesting plot device.

The shoe would certainly be on the other foot for the human realms of Cerilia should it happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well thanks for what you guys know. Its too bad there isn't more info > guess i'll have to use my imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by epicsoul@Feb 4 2005, 06:41 PM
    There shouldn't be elves at least anywhere else that the humans have been on Aebrynis. Otherwise, why was it such a big shock to run into them on Cerilia?
    As I understood, it was the Cerilian elves who hadn't met humans before, and maybe there were elves elsewhere (Aduria or Djapar, perhaps) that had coexisted with humans before...
    Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Epicsoul has a real good point about Cerilian elves. In the Blood Spawn there is no distinction of Cerilian elves, it basically talks about elves. How it presents their origin also tends to back up the concept that there is only one race of elves on Aebrynnis.

Now that doesn't mean they couldn't have been located in other regions and moved to Cerilia before the humans (or other races) were even born. I would jsut go with that there aren't any anywhere else but Cerilia.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by epicsoul@Feb 4 2005, 12:41 PM
    There shouldn't be elves at least anywhere else that the humans have been on Aebrynis. Otherwise, why was it such a big shock to run into them on Cerilia? It's a little less clear about the dwarves.

Unless the elves were annihilated on the rest of the world already, but I don't buy that.
    That is a good point, and one I had forgotten about. But it doesn't mean that there aren't elves in Aduria.

The 5 tribes came from the north end of Aduria. Back at that point in time, things weren't very civilized, and I would tend to think people didn't travel around that much. Aduria is pretty darn big. It is possible that elven lands were further south, or in regions of Aduria that were not heavily populated.

Or they could have done the Cwmb Bheinn thing and walled themselves away behind impenetrable barriers that generally made people not even know they were there.

But due to the fact that the 5 tribes humans were totally caught by surprise by elves, I would have to think elves of Aduria were really far south and reclusive.

Dwarves have been known to hole up and hide away. Heck, their is an entire dwarven realm somewhere near Khourane that has been vanished for centuries. Doesn't mean Adurian dwarves did the same.

Thread Information