Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First prestige class for comments/suggestions

Note: I haven't created any of these prestige classes myself, they were all submitted since the start of the project.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    While the class is similar to warpriest (in Complete divine) it does have much merit. I really like the class but feel that it is open-ended enough that with a few slight modifications can become a "generic" war priest PrC that could apply for all deities.

Here are a few suggestions to come about that:

Requirements:

Proficiency in all martial weapons.
    Base Attack Bonus: Same as suggested
    Skills: Same as suggested
    Feats: Battle Caster, Combat Casting, Great Leader, Leadership
    Spells: Same as suggested
    Special: Must have Belinik, Cuiraécen, Haelyn, [the goblin deity], or Moradin as patron deity.

Class skills: Same as suggested

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: : Should not give anything additional as it might not be appropriate for Vos.

Bonus Domain: The Prestige class doesn't cover the possibility that the character already has access to the bonus domains. I would suggest granting the character a choice from the following list: Destruction, Protection, Strength, or War.

Everything else is perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While what you say, Phil, about how open-ended the class is is quite true, I believe that the class might benefit more from allowing access to Haelyn and Moradin only, as they are the only two really noble warrior deities (in the sense of tactically prepared and employed battle).

Downloads
    Uploads
    While the other gods might not be as "noble" as Haelyn or Moradin, it is safe to assume they employ strategy and tactics just that their perspective of war is different.

For example, the goblin generals might see their armies as expendable to a certain degree and their tactics and strategies to focus on overpowering and outnumbering the opposition because they can. Vos, on the other hand, do not have that luxury nor the favorable conditions to be a wealthy feudal society much like Anuire so their perspective has been altered to adapt to their set of circumstances. But the latter appear to be far more prone to have their leaders join the fray.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would add Kartathok (the Orog deity) in addition to Moradin and Haelyn as the best-suited deities for a War Priest PrC. I agree that Belinik and Cuiraecen are unlikely to have PrC's that focus on the character's unit-suporting abilities on the battlefield. Instead they should have PrC's that enhance their personal abilities to act as champions of their people and deities.

I actually made up a War Priest PrC for my own BR campaign - it's similar but differs from this one, but I like Athos' PrC pretty well, too.

I do like the choices for bonus domains, though - it acts like a limited selection of bonus feats (Extra Domain) appropriate to a Warpriest. I always hated the Glory domain being automatic for Warpiests out of Complete Divine, it assumes that all war priests specialize in battling the undead. Silly.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also Karthatok; I forgot to mention him for some reason (I seem to be doing this a lot the last few days... stress, I guess).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooops, just realized a mistake I made: I was meaning Torazan as patron god of the orogs, not Kartathok (who is patron of Cerilian goblins). My bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to worry: the funny thing is that I was worried whether Karthatok was the goblin deity or not, yet still I did not look it up and went on... So, I think we both agree that Haelyn, Moradin, and Torazan are good choices for such a prestige class.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As creator of the class, I don't feel that Torazan is a good choice for this class. I envisioned this class intially as one of the few ways that the Dwarves had managed to counter the higher breeding rate of the Orogs

I had intended this class to be Dwarven only, to give them something unique, but if the powers that be want to make it open to Haelyn, I can't come up with a cogent argument against it.

-Mike/Athos
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Requirements:

Proficiency in all martial weapons.
    Base Attack Bonus: Same as suggested
    Skills: Same as suggested
    Feats: Battle Caster, Combat Casting, Great Leader, Leadership
    Spells: Same as suggested
    Regarding the feats you suggested Phil...

Battlecaster would require a Cleric to be at least 5th level, leaving it for the 6th level slot or higher. Great Leader's skill requirements make it a 6th or higher feat, as does Leadership unless there are 2 levels of Noble in there.

This means that a pure Cleric would only be able to take this at 13th level....

-Mike / Athos
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Thread Information