Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An excellent point. Then we should remove Leadership or great Leader. I'm inclined to remove the former as a requirement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If we take out the Great Leader requirement, then lso keep in mind that Battle Caster is no longer necessary, since it is granted when the character gains the PrCl in the first level (yes, I know -- I mis-labeled it 'Battlemagic'. My bad.)

This makes it possible for a Clr5/Ftr1 to get this as their 7th level class.

-Mike / Athos
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Requirements:

Proficiency in all martial weapons.
    Base Attack Bonus: Same as suggested
    Skills: Same as suggested
    Feats: Battle Caster, Combat Casting, Great Leader, Leadership
    Spells: Same as suggested
    I don't agree with requiring proficiency with all martial weapons. This then forces there to be at least one fighter, ranger, or paladin level. If you make the Base Attack Bonus the primary minimum level requirement, then the class can still be set to favor a fighter/cleric over a pure cleric in terms of accessing the class at an earlier level.

Thematically I would prefer a battlepriest to be focused in combat with a favored weapon rather than a broad array of weaponry. Why would this be a real requirement to become a battlepriest?

What does it take for a dwarven warrior priest to have the "right stuff?" I imagine a dwarven battlepriest should be tough enough to take a hard beating, devout enough to channel strong divine spells, and be able to hold his own in a melee.

Here's Mike's base requirements:
    Race: Dwarf (Karamhul)
    Base Attack Bonus: +6.
    Skills: Lead: 5 ranks.
    Warcraft: 5 ranks.
    Concentration: 5 ranks.
    Feats: Combat Casting, Endurance, Leadership.
    Spells: Ability to cast 2nd level Divine spells.
    Special: Must have Moradin as a patron deity.
    These have gotten pretty thoroughly hashed out on the BRCS forums, and I think they do a decent job of meeting the conceptual guidelines above. The only lthing I would care to change at this point would be to simply drop the Leadership requirement - seems to me that this is something that might result after becoming a Battlepriest, rather than it being a prerequisite.

A few other possibilities for the class features:
    Righteous Fury: this might be interesting to tweak a bit. What if (like many of the newer divine feats) this is a channeled power, using up one of the battlepriest's turn attempts for the day? On the battlefield this could be a free action, adding +3 to the Hero Unit's EL for 1 turn.

But what is this power from a story and tactical perspective? I imagine it's a miraculous channeling of divine wrath - this could be a mass heroism effect, mass rage. (duration: 1 minute per class level?)

Hmmm...another possibility is to stagger the ability's effects...perhaps granting +1 EL per 3 class levels (+2 at 6th, +3 at 9th). At 9th the effects might be a greater heroism or rage at the tactical level.

Bump up Heal Unit (since it is only 1/day) to require 2 turning attempts to heal 2 hits to the bp's unit.
    This is a 7th level Batlepriest class feature, it should be strong.

Will of Moradin could also have tactical effects. Likewise with Iron Resolve.

Some of my thoughts on the class.
    Osprey

Thread Information