Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novel "War"

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    War has the Wizard in it, gives you some good ideas on how to run her.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked the Iron Throne at the time I read it. I too judge the BR novels by how much they add to the setting and the Iron Throne, despite its problems, plots out of the War of Succession and the death of Michael Roele fairly well... even if it is mostly boring narrative without much dialogue.
    Today, after having been exposed to much better authors, its hard not to notice the mediocrity of the writing.

I could never get much into the Spider's Test or the Hag's Contract. Don't know why... just never had any interest in reading them. I tried reading Greatheart, but I put it down about 2/3rds of the way through and never picked it up again. It was even worse than War.

I really enjoyed the Falcon and the Wolf... I thought this was the best BR novel (I havn't read the Shadow Stone yet either). This novel was definately the most 'Birthright,' likely because it was written by Richard Baker. I especially enjoyed the portrayal of the Gorgon in that book... secretly manipulating Anuirean politics behind the scenes and not some dumb monster that he gets portrayed as in some games. Indeed, by the end of the book, as I recall, no one had realized that the war the occured between Ghoere and Mhoried happened because the Gorgon willed it to happen.

Thread Information