Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another prestige class for discussion/comments.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems rather overpowered.
    The fifth level ability is stronger than many 10th level abilities given in PrCs. In particular Im thinking of comparing to the Servant of the Sea PrC submitted earlier. A fly or burrow speed is powerful stuff, IMO.
    Some of the other abilities are very strong too.

The different power levels of different foci in different campaign settings makes this difficult to balance. A Fog Adept would really really suck unless the DM lived in foggy san fransisco. But a Winter Adept in say a northern Vos campaign would milk these abilities.
    Perhaps this should be expanded into several related PrCs that are balanced differntly.

Also I think this class is weak on Cerelia specific flavor. Maybe it is just my idea of BR wizards which doesnt mesh well. More source related or realm spell related abilities might help.

This PrC might be useful for NPC villans, where the powerlevel balance isnt as important as a memorable adversary. Having a winter adept villan burrow up out of the surface of a glacier would be something your players would talk about for years to come. But having a 12th level PC burrowing along with a hiking party, would make the out-classed druids and rangers grumble. (much less the straight up fighter who is lucky to have a sword that glows a little in BR).
    Also the limitations are more minor and balance for different foci if just NPCs get this class. The DM is not likely to have a Rain Adept appear in anything other than a monsoon, while a PC needs to be a bit more free ranging over the campaign.

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The fifth level ability is stronger than many 10th level abilities given in PrCs. In particular Im thinking of comparing to the Servant of the Sea PrC submitted earlier. A fly or burrow speed is powerful stuff, IMO.
    So is a caster level or three. Keep in mind that this thing is ancient, and was balanced with 3.0 rules in mind, though. (I.e. fly as a 3rd-level spell lasted hours at a time). The burrow speed on the other hand...

Some of the other concepts are also pretty unworkable, like how the foci work.

I'll get around to making an updated version of this one.

Also I think this class is weak on Cerelia specific flavor. Maybe it is just my idea of BR wizards which doesnt mesh well. More source related or realm spell related abilities might help.
    Well, the idea was to build a class that would fit some ofl those Swamp Mage/Wind Mage/Winter Mage/Mountain Munchkin types there are in Cerilia; I seem to remember the class at one point incorporating some realm spell-specific aspects.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Thread Information