Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chap 3

Downloads
    Uploads
    After considering many of the options, I think we should at the very least consider this about scions:
    Does it have prerequisites: has bloodline (major or great)
    And if so, as the character no longer has the prereqs for it, do they lose it?

Or, the other way we go, which is to keep the level(s). This is what Raesene values, and I think I side with him. It also keeps from having a major headache of converting levels... which sets a bad precedent as well.

Also, this is all very hypothetical - I have never actually seen a BR campaign with resurrection - but I must assume that ANY person that had a major or great bloodline will be out to get a bloodline back, through whatever means their alignment will allow... which means, keeping the scion level may be beneficial; because they may get it back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    can't you make treat them as ex-scions (like ex-paladins or ex-druids... these are all classes with prereqs that for some reason the player lost the prereq and he became and ex-whatever)

I am actually not going to be using the scion class anyways tho

Downloads
    Uploads
    An ex-scion way to put it would be a good idea:

Ex-scions: Characters with levels in the scion class who get back from the dead lose any and all bloodline-related class features; they otherwise retain their abilities, with the exception that, like all other characters with a bloodline, they lose their bloodline.

Or something along this line...

What about the characters with the Invulnerability Blood Ability. That is technically a Resurection ability, yet they do not lose anything.

What happens if they do in fact get destroyed and someone brings them back with an outside Resurection spell, would they still have their Invulnerability?
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I'm concerned, the Invulnerability blood ability makes it very hard to kill someone. But, if they are killed, by whatever crazy requirements the DM requires, then the person is just as dead as any other scion slain by more mundane means.

So if the ex-scion previously having Invulnerability who ends up being killed is later Raised/Resurrected/Reincarnated, then the ex-scion does not have Invulnerability, nor any other blood ability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Benjamin is correct. Dead is dead by whatever means accomplished it.

Invulnerability is not a resurrection style ability and shouldn't be confused with one.

Resurrection has to do with coming back from the dead, invulnerability has to do with being harder to kill, not staying dead since the scion is not dead.
    Duane Eggert

Oops, was my bad, I was looking at the version of Invulnerability in the Playtest version. It said that if the character was killed that they would be resureccted in 24 hours.
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Thread Information