Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realm 2: Diemed

Hybrid View

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all your suggestions for Aerenwe, I am currently in the process of finishing off that document and will post it once complete. While you are waiting here is the second realm for discussion, Diemed.

Like Aerenwe, it is mostly complete, but is lacking the Domain Assets section (as that was included in the Atlas only recently, so almost all realms are missing that section). Also the Player's Secrets and Adventure Ideas need filling out.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm. Interesting. I also have been working on a Diemed source book, complete with maps of the realm, maps of the castle, coats of arms for the nobles of Diemed, and a 30+ page work-up of npc's, cities, topography, and secrets. I will post my book on the net in a couple of days.
    History does not remember soldiers, it remembers Kings.

Rugor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Malik
    hmmm. Interesting. I also have been working on a Diemed source book, complete with maps of the realm, maps of the castle, coats of arms for the nobles of Diemed, and a 30+ page work-up of npc's, cities, topography, and secrets. I will post my book on the net in a couple of days.

I would be very interested in seeing what you came up with, sounds as if you put a lot of effort into it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Diemed

Finished it and soon it should be back in the downloads

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are welcome to contribute parts of your work to the Atlas version of Diemed if you like. Some section of the description can still use some work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shouldn't Diemed have a level 6 court? Possibly Caer Aerele is a palace? Because there's the thing about minimum court level should be minimum province/holding level, which is Ciliene. I definitely don't think Diemed is functioning with less than what is needed to run optimally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Angelbialaska@Jan 20 2005, 09:03 PM
    Shouldn't Diemed have a level 6 court? Possibly Caer Aerele is a palace? Because there's the thing about minimum court level should be minimum province/holding level, which is Ciliene. I definitely don't think Diemed is functioning with less than what is needed to run optimally.
    The domain assets section (which includes court and places) isn't complete for Diemed, so its basic stats will need to be altered. That is what I need everyone to submit their ideas for.

The only realms I have done a full workup of domain assets for is Ghoere. To show you what a completed write up should look like, here is the that information, although I should note that it hasn't be properly checked and there are likely errors. This is meant just as an example.

DOMAIN ASSETS

Army: Ghoere maintains the third largest military force in Anuire, with nearly four thousand men at arms. It is also one of the most active, with the majority of his soldiers patrolling his borders and provinces. The rest are garrisoned at Rook Roost Castle and Ghoere’s other major fortifications.
    · 3 Archers (Garrisoned, 1½ GB)
    · 3 Cavalry (Active, 6 GB)
    · 3 Elite Infantry (Garrisoned, 3 GB)
    · 3 Iron Guard (Active, 9 GB)
    · 3 Pikemen (Garrisoned, 1½ GB)
    · 3 Mercenary Cavalry (Active, 6 GB)

Navy: Ghoere is a long way from any of Cerilia’s oceans and has little need for a navy. However, it does maintain a fleet of river patrol boats that enforce the Baron’s law and protect traders travelling along the Maesil.
    · 15 Keelboats (Active, 0 GB)

Fortifications: Ghoere currently maintains three major castles within its borders, and the ruins of several others razed in past wars can be seen across the barony.
    · Rock Roost Castle (level 6, Bhalaene)
    · City of Achiese (level 3, Achiese)
    · The Maesil Watch (level 3, Tornilen)

Vassals: If Gavin Tael is ever to succeed in his ambition to claim the Iron Throne he will need allies and vassals to support his cause. Unfortunately few other regents trust Ghoere, and his only true vassal is the guilder Ghorien Hiriele, head of the Highland/Overland Traders, and Tael watches him like a hawk, looking for any sign of disloyalty.
    · Ghorien Hiriele (Vassal, +20 GB)

Tribute: Baron Tael is careful not to antagonise the powerful clerics who control his realm’s temples, but he manages to extract a few gold bars worth of resources in tribute from each of the temples.
    · Militant Order of Cuiraécen (Ally, +5 GB)
    · Haelyn’s Aegis (Neutral, +1 GB)
    · Life and Protection of Avanalae (Neutral, +2 GB)

Payments: Only a single regent receives payments from the nation of Ghoere, and he is the mysterious and powerful figure known as the Sword Mage. Gavin Tael knows his nation will need a powerful wizard in the event of a war and is determined to keep the Sword Mage on his side, even if it means parting with a large amount of coin each season.
    · Sword Mage (Ally, 3 GB)

Highways: The lands of Ghoere are old and established, and several major roads travel through the barony. The first runs north from the city of Endier, through Tireste and Ghiere provinces to end at the city of Ghieste. The second begins in Ghiere and runs through Tornilen province to end at the city of Bhalaene. There the road splits into three new roads, one heading east through Thoralinar province into the Duchy of Elinie, the second travelling south-east through Achiese province into the Duchy of Osoerde, and the final road heading south through Danaroene province and into the Barony of Roesone.

Other Assets: The ferries that cross the Maesil near the cities of Ghieste and Riumache are Ghoere’s only other assets. It supports no palaces, ports, or shipyards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shouldn't at one of ghoere's province have a seaport (I do recall on the original map that they did have a port on the Maesil)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Demanding 20GB tribute from the guilder, isn't that what's also called a death wish? I know that if I was GH, I'd instantly hire an assassin or 50 to get rid of Gavin Tael.

And where does it say that Tael demands tribute from the temples. If Tael does it, why doesn't others do it too?

I'm not sure about the Ally part of MOC. Being an ally with Ghoere, wouldn't that be problematic with the hostile Mhoried next door, where MOC also have holdings?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not like Gavin Tael needs the money from his vassals. The more than 50GB that he generates by himself do pay off the 28 GB military upkeep and 6 GB fortification upkeep and it still allows a level 10 court if he feels that's necessary. With the 3GB to Sword Mage, then there's still a bit to play around with (around 5GB).

Thread Information