Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found VERY old material that was once on BRnet. Everything is ofcourse 2nd edition material.

But before i spen many hours on pasting them manually into the new site, i would like to know if they are still of some added value for the community.

30 battlespells
    82 realm spells
    65 conventional spells
    42 weapons and armoury
    24 magical items
    55 custom rules
    9 units

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say yes if BRNET is really expected to represent all interests in Birthright. The campaign I am playing is still 2nd Ed. And according to our DM, Doyle, we might still be going for another year and a half, if we don't kill/burn all the other party members to death (Wisdom is not high for some of the characters).

And people who are designing campaigns outside of Cerilia may want to adapt them for their evil purposes.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    my opinion,
    with a distinct area ( old product ) keep them ( many people still play with this old product )...also burn them lol :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Add them I say. I remember spending countless hours reading over all that stuff back in the day (before there was even a birthright.net). Let no knowledge dissappear and nothing fall into the memory hole!

Speaking of which.... you probably already have them Arjan, but I have all those old realm spells saved on my computer if you're missing any.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *crack!* [goes the whip]
    "Hee-yah! Git ta work! Only 200 articles to go! Yee hah!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    @chris yeah i got them, they've always been available as a zip on BRnet.

@Osprey.. thnx pal!! :blink: :wacko:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Osprey@Jan 21 2005, 05:47 PM
    *crack!* [goes the whip]
    "Hee-yah! Git ta work! Only 200 articles to go! Yee hah!"
    Anyone wants to help me submitting these articles to BRnet?

if you want, please contact me, and i'll give you certain rights to the site (lets you adjust author names)

thnx
    Arjan

Downloads
    Uploads
    9 army units let me see them I've been looking for new and different army units.
    Where are they?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Sorontar@Jan 18 2005, 10:58 PM
    I would say yes if BRNET is really expected to represent all interests in Birthright. The campaign I am playing is still 2nd Ed. And according to our DM, Doyle, we might still be going for another year and a half, if we don't kill/burn all the other party members to death (Wisdom is not high for some of the characters).

And people who are designing campaigns outside of Cerilia may want to adapt them for their evil purposes.

Sorontar
    Dear all,
    for those who are asking themselves what they can do with their "old" Birthright material, I must say that (despite the excellent conversion done here) I have completely discarded 3rd edition D&D, and turned back to AD&D2nd edition, due to the publication of Castles & Crusades, a gaming engine which can be used to "update" all previous editions of (A)D&D. With it, I have been able to put all the "niceties" of 3rd edition, without its needless complexities which bog down the game (one for all:combat) without adding nothing to roleplaying (I understand however that rollplayers are quite happy with it). Conversion (or better, adaptation) is really fast, something you can do in minutes. For all those which enjoyed AD&D2nd edition, yet wanted some more "friendly" rules, it may be the choice. I am in the process of writing a pdf document which updates AD&D2nd edition to the new mechanics, so if you are interested, you will not even need the Castles & Crusades book!

Cheers,
    Antonio

Thread Information