Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Jan 24 2005, 01:25 PM

Church of Storm's Height says the regent is Wincae Raenech, while later in the description of the NPC the name is Wincae Raehech.
    Not to mention his alignment and bloodline level are referred differently (once LE and major 36 while the other CG and major 18).
    Now this is actually an interesting one. There was some discussion a while back among various members of the Atlas team as to the relationship before the head of the Church of Storm's height and Duke Raenech, and we were sort of split with some supporting the idea that he was a relation, while others suggesting that the names were just similar.

I was of the opinion that the sames were too similar to be a conincidence, so when I did up all the holding info and income, etc, I put him down as Wincae Raenech. However, the original description, which I never had time to edit, had him down as Raehech, hence the discrepency there.

I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this, by the way.
    I would suggest due to the relationship with the vos church and they not be related. However the stance of the church of storm's height might be in that they don't care who reigns necessarily but revel in the battles ahead.

Again this is unfinished. I tend to jump around a lot while writing
    Tollan, by the way, is mentioned in Blood Enemies as a new awnshegh serving the Gorgon as spymaster and treasury. I decided to put him in control of the Gorgon's guilds. Means more RP for the Gorgon, plus a network of spies to keep an eye on things in his lands.
    Note: Changes to his assets might be needed to include a spynetwork in Kal-Saitharak and Fellport at the very least, and maybe in Mur-Kilad and Markazor as well (keep an eye on Gorgon's vassals).
    A heck of a lot of power to be given from the Gorgon who seems to prefer keeping his underlings very weak and dependant on him.

Hmm, I don't know. A lot of people never liked the Player's Secrets books for various reasons. In the case of Roesone and the Boxed Set, both were actually printed at around the same time I believe, Roesone was the first PS book and came out almost immediately after the boxed set was released. It is possible that it was based on an earlier draft of the setting and the regent values and even genders (in the case of Siele Ghoried) changed.

What does everyone else think on this? Making Tane level 9, does put him much higher than the other guild regents in the region.

How would you write up this special banditry action? What are the exact rule governing its use?
    Siele ghoried would also benefit from gaining some bloodline and levels from PS Roesone as well so whilel Ortien Tane would be the highest, his level advantage wouldn't be as great. SASI is a relatively small guild compared to his rivals so would give him a slight edge in that department.

As fo rthe espionage action it would depend on how powerful the atlas team wants it to be and what would they allow for espionage actions. Here are my suggestions:

1) OT may perform an espionage action against any trade route that passes through a province where he has holdings (even if the target guilder doesn't have a guild in that province). If successful, the trade route generates no income for that turn for the target guilder while Ortien Tane gains the amount the guilder stood to gain.

2) If the atlas team would allow all guilders to perform the above action then I would suggest giving Ortien Tane either a circumstance bonus to the roll or allow synergy from another skill to apply only for him (say warcraft, survival, what have you).

The Books of Priestcraft and Magecraft do include descriptions of several temples and wizards already and don't seem to have been fully used for the description of some of the organizations. I think it would be a good idea to use those books as ressources to help flesh out and ease the transition.
    Any of the temples of wizard that currently have complete descriptions fall into this category? If so, which ones. I didn't think to check against the descriptions in the BoP or BoM, although I should point out all that material in the document is only a draft, and can be altered if a significant variation from the original is highlighted.
    Offhand the Book of Magecraft details the Sword Mage and High Mage Aelies of those that interest us in the topic of Anuire.

The Book of Priestcraft covers all the temple domains for each religion to a certain degree (usually 1-2 paragraphs) with a central focus of 1 domain per faith.

In the case of Avani, the GTA (Khinasi) is the central focus. For our discoure the important part is LPA so here is what is written:

"The Life and Protection of Avanalae is a splinter church of the Ariyan Temple, and despite their distance from one another, the former follows the theological lead of its parent church.
    The Ariyan Temple takes a much more beneficient approach in its interpretation of Avani's word. It's members believe that Avani is an inherently benevolent goddess. Her word is one of peace and prosperity; to achieve both is to achieve a rich, rewarding life. The Temple realizes that such states are ephemereal; ironally, peace and prosperity often can be achieved only through violence and strife."

"The High Hierophant of the Life and Protection of Avanale makes her home in the city of Ruorven in the Anuirean domain of Coeranus. Despite its frontier location, the temple in Ruorven remains the most important establishment of the Anuirean church of Avani. Most doctrinal dispures within that church are decided there, rather than in the more respendent temple in the City of Anuire. ruorven's temple maintains contact with its cousins in Ariya through a small fleet of merchant vessels."

Of erik, we are interrested in the Oaken grove of Aeric:

"The Oaken Grove of Aeric in Anuirean lands is part of the greater church in Rjurik lands, but its iedalogy differs somewhat from its parent. Not involved in or concerned with the religious differences between the two churches in the Rjurik Highlands, the Oaken Grove in Dhoesone, Mhoried, and Cariele is most concerned with the preservation of wilderness and resources in those Anuirean lands. In Cariele, they are fighting a losing battle against the rapacity of the guilds, but their views are more popular in Mhoried and Dhoesone. They are much like the Oaken Grove in Rjurik lands in that they willingly trade what they gather from the forest with merchants from other domains; despite this, they are pasionate in their protection of the wilderness and are careful to harvest only what the land can bear."

"The largest temple holding of the Oaken Grove of Erik is in the coastal province of Yvarre in Rjuvik. High Druid Gunther Brandt (MBR, PR10, Erikl; Re, major, 32, CG), however, lives in Riveside, in Dhoesone."

Of Haelyn, there is too much information to post here regarding his temples and the like. The information covers pages 17-24 inclusively.

Of Belenik's churches, what is written in the document presented by raesene Andu seems accurate.

The section on Nesirie covers the ETN, PSN' and WB but in little detail.

The section on Sera has 2 whole paragraphs for both churches in Anuire.

The section on Cuiraécen is almost as somplete as that of Haelyn, focusing primarily on the MOC.

Éloéle section has 1 paragraph regarding the EOM.

The Kriesha section has nothing of interest unless one wants to create new domains or try to include her clergy in the vos of the five peaks, vos of mieres and the church in Osoerde.

The Laerme section is also light on information but does include a shrine in the ICofA (no temple regent) and a bardic college in aerenwe.

Ruornil's section is again light on information but does hint that Suris Enlien has contact with Ruornil's avatar and have a secret motive in its location (near the battle of Mount Deismaar) and makes mention of an order of Knights in Medoere.

Later, on page 67, the book goes on to detail the IHH and its goals more thoroughly.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A heck of a lot of power to be given from the Gorgon who seems to prefer keeping his underlings very weak and dependant on him.
    Although he has a fairly powerful domain, almost all of his income is given over to the Gorgon, leaving him about 4 GB I believe. If you add in the maintence of 2-4 spy networks as well, then he has no GB income at all, and any actions he conducts he must ask Raesene for gold, which makes him very dependant on the his master.

I've updated the other information from your post (Siele Ghoried, Orthan Tane, and the various temples of Anuire).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another possibility for Ortien Tane's "banditry" would be a special contest trade route action action where if he succeeds by say more than 5, he gains the amoun tthe trade route would have produced as well as the successfully contest the trade route.

Thread Information