Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Attached is the current (incomplete) version of the domain description for Aerenwe. The sections that remain uncomplete include the Domain Assets section, which should cover all of the realm assets including things like castles and other fortifications, its navy and its army. This information is then repeated in shorthand in the stats section at the start of the description.

Also needing completion is the Player's Secrets section (similar to the section that used to be at the back of the old PS books) and the Adventure Ideas section which I would like to be a series of short adventure hooks and ideas for DMs to use when using Aerenwe in their campaign.

Feel free to comment or suggest material for inclusion in this description. I will post more descriptions over the coming week (one every few days as they need some editing in places before they are ready to post).

If anyone is interesting in assisting the Atlas project by writing a domain description, the following domains are still incomplete and need to be worked on. - The Spiderfell, Elinie, Mhoried, Tuornen, Brosengae, Rhuobhe's Domain, Taeghas, Talinie, Dhoesone, The Five Peaks, The Gorgon's Crown, Markazor, Mur-Kilad, Thurazor, Tuarhievel, The Chimaeron, Coeranys, Osoerde, Baruk-Azhik, The Sielwode. Please do not volunteer unless you are certain that you can complete the job. The format will follow the one set out in Aerenwe's description.

I am busy working on the Organisations chapter at the moment, but I only get an hour a day really to work on things, I'm busy the rest of the time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having just finished my exams and having some spare time I would like to help on the project.

I would be interested in any of the domains but especialy Talinie and the five peaks.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've already worked on some stuff for the Chimaeron for a PBEM. I could work more on that and then work out a PS of the Chimaeron.

If we get someone to work with Taeghas, I'd like to work on a PS for Brosengae. However Brosengae and Taeghas are closely tied together, so I'd need either a PS Taeghas or someone who work on Taeghas to run things through with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well off the top of my head I see the following corrections needed to be done:

As the bloodline scores have gone back to the original rules, the NPCs described should have their bloodline scores changed.

Liliene Swordwraith should have a scion level.

The following sentence should have a comma as highlighted in bold:

"Soon after, she was proclaimed queen by the joyous nobles and commoners and coronated by her good friend, Ursula Diem, a priestess of Nesirie. "

From The naval battle system book Aerenwe's navy is composed of: 2 Galleons, 6 caravels, 2 coasters out of Calrie with a sea trade route from Calrie to Mermoune in Binsada. Calrie thus should have a seaport.

Other than that here are my suggestions for some changes:

Armies: I would suggest 1 unit of rangers of the erebannien, either a scout or irregular unit.

Fortifications: A castle in Calrie would be appropriate.

Vassals: None, although the ETN and SRT do contribute to the Queen's treasury in some form or fashion I can imagine.

Payments: Some form of monetary support for William Moergan and/or Roesone.

Highways: The high population levels of Calrie, Dhoenal, and Halried would lead one to believe that highways do exist. The Erebannien however should not have any further improvements except for maybe a fortified holding for High Mage Aelies.

Adventure Ideas:

Silence from the Erebannien: Communication with the High Mage has become more and more erratic as of late. Last word from him came over a year ago and while this is not uncommon, those that think to wage war upon Aerenwe have long taken pause due to the power at Aelies' disposal. If they were to learn of the High Mage's silence, Aerenwe's neutrality might be tested.

The weeping souls: Rumours have begun to circulate in the northern fringes of the realm of apparitions in the bogs and swamps. Mostly women and children, these souls all show the signs of brutal and violent deaths. In what few eyewitness accounts report, they wail the name of Swordwraith during their hauntings. May these souls be victims of Reynard Gavriel's tyranny that Queen Lilliene was not able to save?

Player Secrets:

Arms of Aerenwe: Although no longer as martial as she once was, the Queen does still bear them on occasions. Chief among them is Swordwraith, a gift from the High Mage. This magical longsword +4 of dancing is named such for some claim when the Queen activates the dancing power, the wisps of an ethereal being are seen wielding the blade. Her offhand weapon is a seemingly plain hunting knife. It does bear a slight enchantment that allows the wilder to throw the weapon without penalties due to range increments. Lastly is a suit of shadowed elven chain mail +2 rumoured to have been looted from an sidhelien ruin deep in the heart of the Erebannien.

The Queen's companions: Many of the Queen's companions back during the time of her liberation of the Aerenwean people still reside within Aerenwe. Many of which chose to lead lives of adventuring for many years afterwards before settling down. Were Aerenwe to suffer a serious attack, there is no doubt these men and women of considerable experience would come to the aid of their beloved friend and Queen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Little expansion for Swordwraith history:

Liliana Swordwraith defeated Reynard Gavril with magical sword.
    He was a tyran. He signed up a pact with the devil from Caer Cattlin dungeons. The devil promised him "his skin cannot be pierce by known weapon". After this time Reynard Gavril became invincible, almost immortal, so he became arrogant tyran.
    Opressed folk of Aerenwe asked High Mage Aelies for help, but he sworn neutrality, so cannot strike personally. Instead he enchanted a blade, a brilliant energy blade, he called Swordwraith. He threw a sword to the Erebannien and said, that a blade will comes back in the right time in the hands of the rightful ruler.
    The Swordwraith was found by young woman ranger - Liliana, unaware of her destiny. But a tyran gave her personal reasons to hate him, and after years she became a rebel leader.
    She pierced "immortal" body of Reynard Gavril by the brilliant energy blade in a climax fight and became queen. So, she is called Swordwraith, ghostly sword.
    After queen's death, a blade will come back to Erebannien and will wait for the next hero in the hard times for Aerenwe.
    But what with the devil hidden in forgotten crypts of Caer Catlin dungeons?

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a message dated 1/13/05 8:45:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,

brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< Attached is the current (incomplete) version of the domain description for

Aerenwe. >>

Didn`t see it?

Lee.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Lee@Jan 13 2005, 10:50 PM
    In a message dated 1/13/05 8:45:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,

brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< Attached is the current (incomplete) version of the domain description for

Aerenwe. >>

Didn`t see it?

Lee.

Lee, the file is attached to the post on the messagboard.

You could follow the thread link provided with each email send to the mailing list.
    It will take you directly to the proper thread on the forums

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Angelbialaska@Jan 14 2005, 02:34 AM
    I&#39;ve already worked on some stuff for the Chimaeron for a PBEM. I could work more on that and then work out a PS of the Chimaeron.

If we get someone to work with Taeghas, I&#39;d like to work on a PS for Brosengae. However Brosengae and Taeghas are closely tied together, so I&#39;d need either a PS Taeghas or someone who work on Taeghas to run things through with.
    As it happens I have both a PS of Brosengae and an online one that was done up for Taeghas. Both need a lot of work, and both are unfortunately lacking a history section. However, they could form a basis to work from.

The PS of Taeghas info can be found online at http://www.gamersnook.com/br/index.html

I&#39;m not sure where I got the Brosengae PS from, but I&#39;m sure it was mentioned on this forum somewhere. Anyway, I&#39;ve attached it to this post for anyone who is interested in working on Brosengae.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by The incredible, edible Phil@Jan 14 2005, 03:43 AM
    Well off the top of my head I see the following corrections needed to be done:
    Thanks for all the suggestions I&#39;ve added them into the Aerenwe description.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm. Reading through that Brosengae book, I think that I&#39;d restructure it some, take out the fencing schools (since Brosengae doesn&#39;t appear particularly Brecht), make one of the main sources of income fishing, since 1/3 of the population worship Nesirie, etc. Brosengae is a naval power in my opinion, being stuck with allies as their neighbors that&#39;s the only way they can shine through. Besides they&#39;d need someone to hunt the pirates that make the Straits dangerous.

Thread Information