Downloads
    Uploads
    Since 3e came out i have never received anything from anyone to be posted on BRnet. all the stuff you can find is still 2e. And when someone posts something that is totally didderent but comes to close to the original setting most of you started to get yelling arround. why? you now why? because when someone tries they are always shut up by some of you.
    [Arjan]

OK, Arjan, you asked for it.

So just how does one go about getting one's materials in the Archives or Downloads? Since I've started regularly participating on this site (Summer 2003, I believe), I have posted quite a lot of ideas, supplements, and alternatives for a 3rd edition Birthright setting. I've posted this stuff in the forums because that was the only place I knew to post them. Even made a website to download all the stuff.

It has never been clear to me exactly how one would go about getting stuff posted to the Downloads or Archives. What are the standards for acceptance there? Do they get edited? If so, by whom?

So here I am officially asking how to go about this, and hoping that the answer will inform the entire community about how to go about this.

One suggestion: Might it be helpful to organize the downloads/archives, such that 2nd and 3rd edition material is seperated or at least labeled as such? Much of the 2e stuff was written when there was no 3e, or when 3e was a new thing and largely unexplored. But that's not always obvious without reading through the stuff individually. Perhaps dating the material, along with a 2e or 3e notation? Or could a seperate archive for 3e stuff exist?

I would love to see the Archives expanded with new stuff.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, Arjan, you asked for it.
    he i kinda did , didnt i

So just how does one go about getting one's materials in the Archives or Downloads? Since I've started regularly participating on this site (Summer 2003, I believe), I have posted quite a lot of ideas, supplements, and alternatives for a 3rd edition Birthright setting. I've posted this stuff in the forums because that was the only place I knew to post them. Even made a website to download all the stuff.
    well i just posted a thread yesterday, what to do with the CSM..
    http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...showtopic=2910

at once i had a script online that anabled members to post their stuf directly to the archive. but due to some reasons that wasnt really a big success.

but i am working currently on a with the forum compatible CMS system which will enable those things again. Even a download section is included so people DO know what they download instead of guessing by its name.

Due to private situations i couldnt update the site for quite some time. but now i finally found some... and hopefully i will finish it this time...

It has never been clear to me exactly how one would go about getting stuff posted to the Downloads or Archives. What are the standards for acceptance there? Do they get edited? If so, by whom?
    well there never have been any rules for posting material. the original netbook, and what is now in the archive is all pulled together from what people send in or posted on the old mailinglist.

when i had the submit script online no one approved or edited the material.

Its kinda hard to put people on that as well. people come and go. same goes for moderators of the boards.

but once the CMS is online i really would like to extend the BR team. so we can put up more canon/homebrew material, so the site will keep growing.

And indeed, many of you have posted quite some stuff that could easily be put in the archive. Like the awnshegs Gary wrote, some classes that were put up by yourself and some others.

so thats why i opened the CMS thread.. to see how you all would like to see what and where on BRnet.

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Thread Information