Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tollán

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm my opinion, then we shouldn't really focus on anything huge. The Birthright setting is pretty large in itself already, with the five sourcebooks detailing the Vos, the Khinasi, the Brecht, the Anuirean and the Rjuven. What I'm finding myself lacking again and again, is more like Player's Secrets and DM's secrets. Background material that expand the information on the individual domains. So we'd get a high level of details in the individual domains. Some genealogies between the characters would be nice. Who is Aubrae Avan's mother, since she has a bloodline of 70? Does Boeruine have blood relations to the Dhoennals of Talinie? All such stuff that fills out the major gaps.

I think the major events of the worlds, such as ley line storms, sinking continents, etc, should really be up to the individual GMs to run. We shouldn't really be making any major adjustments of the world, instead we should make it more living and filled with people other than the rulers.
    There are different forums here for a reason: some are for working on a specific project, like the BRCS conversion. In that case, there are some grounds for being canonical and conservative regarding the original material. For this project, we can talk about what "we should be doing."
    But on this forum, and the Royal Library, well: if it's got anything at all to do with Birthright, why not share those ideas, regardless of scale or how radically they depart from the original game? If Arjan wants to create a world that tweaks some of the original concepts of BR - go for it! If that doesn't work for some people - fine. Some DM's might take his idea and tweak it a bit themselves, that's what good DM's do. They tailor ideas to fit their own particular campaigns.

All that being said, Angelbialaska, I would love to see more of exactly what you are talking about - ideas and details to flesh out the existing BR setting. I just think that creative contributions should be welcome on all levels, and appreciated as such.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman@Jan 4 2005, 02:46 AM
    Now this land and people could have a greater potential if they were actually the lost tribe of Azrai. Azrai was the one god without a chosen tribe and was the master of magic (from the Shadow World - see the lost and minions of the lost from Blood Spawn). Instead of focusing on greater magic (which is what is implied/stated here) this race could have focused on magic based on the Seeming instead. Fits better with the Azrai concept and the writing that he taught the Lost well before Deismaar and the Andu even coming to Cerilia.
    I read the part on the minions, and such a thing i intended to include.
    The annunaki i wanted to introduce are enslavers capable of performing Bio-wizardry. in short words the results are exactly as the minions.

Maybe i should indeed focus more on the subject of the Lost
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't mean to be rude, but stone magic, pyramid magic, ley lines, Atlantis... Seems a lot like Rifts Atlantis??? Why would a person want techno-wizardy in a DnD game? Most people I game w/play DnD to get away from Rifts (although I do love it as a game and have been in one campaign for over 10 years.)????

Just my perspective..... :wacko:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ryche@Feb 24 2005, 09:31 PM
    I don't mean to be rude, but stone magic, pyramid magic, ley lines, Atlantis... Seems a lot like Rifts Atlantis??? Why would a person want techno-wizardy in a DnD game? Most people I game w/play DnD to get away from Rifts (although I do love it as a game and have been in one campaign for over 10 years.)????

Just my perspective..... :wacko:
    You have truly captured the spirit of this site with this comment
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll say amen to that - not even the Homebrew Forum is safe anymore... :lol:
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ryche@Feb 25 2005, 02:31 AM
    Seems a lot like Rifts Atlantis???
    Yes it does...and not very ssurprisingly, since that is where Arjan got his inspiration... :huh:
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Thread Information