Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tollán

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ever wondered where the Basarji came from, the origins of the Vos?

Where did the kraken really come from, how did he ended up in Cerilia?

Why nobody knows anything about the Wizards heritage, and why she can tap easily into other ley lines or perhaps tapping into ancient ley lines?

Why the halfling have to power to open shadow portals, and sense rifts between cerilia and the shadowworld?

well you are about to find out

I have written up a piece for a continent east of the seas of the dragons.

If you all like it i will work out more.

Arjan

for list users: i have attached a word file to the post on BRnet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see how most of the stuff fit together with the history already established? Especially the whole stuff with how the magical disaster. How come that the Elves kept their magic after that, but none of the human races did? And how does the gods fit into all of this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Angelbialaska@Jan 2 2005, 06:21 PM
    I don't see how most of the stuff fit together with the history already established? Especially the whole stuff with how the magical disaster. How come that the Elves kept their magic after that, but none of the human races did? And how does the gods fit into all of this?
    Well the history fills in loose ends. things that were never developed for BR.

at one moment the creation of a dimentional flux was prohibited, doesnt say they couldnt use the mebhaighl running arround.

but if you look at Siebharrinn, he DID open a flux again to defeat the forces of the gorgon.. he unleashed magic of nightmarish proporsion ans sideath became partially in the shadowworld. a flux he was unable to close by himself. (see tuarhievel sourcebook)

i didnt touch the adurian history for a reason. didnt want to mess with the original history.
    but the vos clan kept their magic abilities after the fled to aduria.. thats why azrai chose his champions of mostly vossic people because of their magical potential.

i didnt touch the godly system since that is unique to aduria and cerilia. Probably when the vossic clan arrived at aduria they started to worship Vorrynn. they didnt worship any gods before.

Arjan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought that each of the gods (except for Azrai) created a tribe each. Vorynn created the Voss, Anduiras created the Andu (Anuirean), Basaia created the Basarji, Brenna created the Brechts, Masela created the Masetians (extinct), and Rejnir created the Rjuven. And each of these gods led their followers into the continent of Cerilia and settled it.

As for the Vos, then they venerated Vorynn and they were diviners and illusionists. That's magicians and has nothing to do with true magic. Those Tollans on the other hand is definitely fooling around with true magic, something that existed only in the fae and the gods before Deismaar, not any human tribes, not even the favored of Vorynn.

Ley Lines, Mebhaigl and such isn't discovered until after the big battle. To use Ley Lines and Mebhaigl one must be blooded. Elves may learn true magic, but if they're not blooded, they're unable to hold sources and ley lines, etc.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Each of the tribes worshipped a single god above all others, the histories do not specifically state that the tribes were created by the gods and I'd suggest that they weren't. As for the god leading the tribes to Cerilia it is more the other way around, as the tribes of humanity fled to Cerilia their gods followed.

Ley lines, mebhaighl and true magic existed before Deismaar and elves can control or create source holdings and ley lines if they aren't blooded, but only blooded elves can gain regency from those holdings.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Jan 3 2005, 02:31 AM
    Each of the tribes worshipped a single god above all others, the histories do not specifically state that the tribes were created by the gods and I'd suggest that they weren't. As for the god leading the tribes to Cerilia it is more the other way around, as the tribes of humanity fled to Cerilia their gods followed.

Ley lines, mebhaighl and true magic existed before Deismaar and elves can control or create source holdings and ley lines if they aren't blooded, but only blooded elves can gain regency from those holdings.
    How i always pictured the gods is that the former gods like Anduras and Vorynn were once mortals as well. Perhaps Anduras joined the 12 tribes to one. and after his dead he was being worshipped as their hero, and eventually over time (many ages) he became a god.

Same way i pictured Vorynn. Perhaps he was one of the heroic leaders when the Tollán fled the destruction of their continent.
    It makes sense that once Vorynn was killed at deismaar, the scions who received his essence indeed got some bloodpowers to sense mebhaigl.

About the leylines.. still rumours go that the "ancient" leylines exist, but "no one" knows how to detect, tap or use these. They date way back before Deismaar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Erm...

The Basarji came from Djapar, which can be seen in a small corner of the Khinasi map I believe

The kraken, according to what Blood enemies suggests, was summoned by Nesirie from the elemental planes...

The wizard can tap on ley lines, because she owns calamity, a staff with this exact ability...

Basaia is still worshipped in Djapar, according to some book (too bored to go look right now), and the natives of Djapar actually have dismissed the idea of Deismaar as heressy. The same source also suggests that Avani grants them spells.

I don't really like this messy continent, but then again, if you like it and want to use it, it's not my place to stop you

However... isn't Tollan a minor Awnie? You might want to consider changing the continent's name

Downloads
    Uploads

The Basarji came from Djapar, which can be seen in a small corner of the Khinasi map I believe

Basaia is still worshipped in Djapar, according to some book (too bored to go look right now), and the natives of Djapar actually have dismissed the idea of Deismaar as heressy. The same source also suggests that Avani grants them spells.
    Right, never said they didnt. I wrote that they became nomads and eventually reached cerilia.
    That "history" i made predates alot. Isnt just something that happened the last couple of years.

The kraken, according to what Blood enemies suggests, was summoned by Nesirie from the elemental planes...
    Thought i checked that.. only read that the kraken took side of azrai and its origins are unknown

The wizard can tap on ley lines, because she owns calamity, a staff with this exact ability...
    And cant Calamity be passed down from generation to generation? Its the only "known" magical weapon that has such powers. and since nothing is known on the wizards i thought i weaveit in...

I don't really like this messy continent, but then again, if you like it and want to use it, it's not my place to stop you
    well , you may but if you have any suggestion or ideas to make this less messy, its mostly welcome.

However... isn't Tollan a minor Awnie? You might want to consider changing the continent's name
    hmm dunno... will check BoA later.

the reason why i have chosen that name is that it is derived from Atlantis where the background is loosely based on. the text below i took from a website.

Hard evidence suggests that Sanskrit is the father of most world-class languages. If we use Sanskrit to explain the true meaning of "Atlantis," we'll learn that the initial A means "Not; No longer." The final Tis derives from the Sanskrit Desa, Des, or Tes, meaning "Nation." Atlantis = "No-Longer-the-'Tlan'-or-'Tollán'-Nation." When A-Tlan-Tis sank under the ocean named after it, it certainly ceased to exist. However, the westernmost extreme of Atlantis, which is Mexico, is still above water. It continues to be Tollán or Tlan.
    Arjan

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by A_dark@Jan 3 2005, 08:23 PM
    Tollan is one of the Gorgon's lieutenants, his treasury, spymaster, and guildmaster to be exact. He is mentioned in Blood Enemies as a minor awnshegh.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arjan schrieb:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...=ST&f=2&t=2904

>

> Arjan wrote:

> QUOTE (A_dark @ Jan 3 2005, 11:53 AM) Erm...

>------------ QUOTE ----------

>

>The wizard can tap on ley lines, because she owns calamity, a staff with this exact ability...

>

>-----------------------------

>

>And cant Calamity be passed down from generation to generation? Its the only "known" magical weapon that has such powers. and since nothing is known on the wizards i thought i weaveit in...

>

The only? What about the Ring of Ley Use from p. 74 Book of Magecraft?

It does exactly this.

>However... isn`t Tollan a minor Awnie? :) You might want to consider changing the continent`s name :)

>

>

>hmm dunno... will check BoA later.

>the reason why i have chosen that name is that it is derived from Atlantis where the background is loosely based on. the text below i took from a website.

>

>

"The living hoard" Tollan, a lieutenant of the Gorgon, more able to spy

than fight...

>------------ QUOTE ----------

>Hard evidence suggests that Sanskrit is the father of most world-class languages. If we use Sanskrit to explain the true meaning of "Atlantis," we`ll learn that the initial A means "Not; No longer." The final Tis derives from the Sanskrit Desa, Des, or Tes, meaning "Nation." Atlantis = "No-Longer-the-`Tlan`-or-`Tollán`-Nation." When A-Tlan-Tis sank under the ocean named after it, it certainly ceased to exist. However, the westernmost extreme of Atlantis, which is Mexico, is still above water. It continues to be Tollán or Tlan.

>

>

The meteor crater?

bye

Michael

Thread Information