Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just finished the website for a new Sci-Fi version of Birthright that I am thinking of running in the near future. The idea is quite bare-bones at the moment, so if anyone wants to offer ideas for NPCs or system, feel free to check it out.

http://iroc.co.uk/PromisedLands/Index.html

Don't expect too much - my web skills are pretty basic and this is my first web-page.
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe you can add some stargate like parasites controlling humans (goa'uld) a few system lords would certainly enhance the place. treat them like awnshegs

in the D20 srd, spycraft and Stargate RPG you can find some more interesting skills you are looking for.

hope this helps.

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Arjan@Dec 3 2004, 07:45 PM
    Maybe you can add some stargate like parasites controlling humans (goa'uld) a few system lords would certainly enhance the place. treat them like awnshegs

in the D20 srd, spycraft and Stargate RPG you can find some more interesting skills you are looking for.

hope this helps.

Arjan
    Well I dont think adding another race is really necessary. Perhaps makeing the already existing factions more diverse, different buildings and units for each etc, would also do the trick.

It actually looks pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Urban fox schrieb:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...=ST&f=2&t=2883

>

> Urban fox wrote:

> QUOTE (Arjan @ Dec 3 2004, 07:45 PM) Maybe you can add some stargate like parasites controlling humans (goa`uld) a few system lords would certainly enhance the place. treat them like awnshegsin the D20 srd, spycraft and Stargate RPG you can find some more interesting skills you are looking for.hope this helps.Arjan

>-----------------------------

>

> Well I dont think adding another race is really necessar. Perhaps makeing the already existing factions more diverse, different buildings and units for each etc, would also do the trick.It actually looks pretty good. :)

>

>

When I think about the first suggestion I have to think about the Raven

- perhaps the goa´uld who take control of human bodys are already

there... Just from the Shadow World instead of foreign planets...

bye

Michael

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for taking a look, people.

I don't really want to add too much weird external stuff right now, I just want a background that will tick over by its own accord.

As to different designs, some factions will start off with designs for things others do not, and I expect this to change dramatically during the course of any game, as people use the Research holdings to create new technologies and make new designs. I'm prepared to be 100% flexible in that direction - anything that fits the general milieu can be researched

You are right that it needs more diversity, if anyone wants to suggest realms, regents or holding organisations, please post them or mail them to me; Chris@iroc.co.uk.
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, that's good. Like a breath of fresh air. Hmmm, it seems like a good website. I can't wait to see the finish product. mabye you could add some other corperations that could effectively compete with Omnicop. Again, you've got something good going!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

A few people have said that Omnicorp is too powerful, but they don't have much actual territory, and they have some other disadvantages. I guess really I should make that clearer.

The site should get a major overhaul in the next few days to take account of improved style sheets and graphics. Then I'll be adding in some of the changes and rules that people have suggested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah. Omnicorp looks incredibly powerful on the paper. They hold security, they hold Industry, they hold Finance, Research and even a media company. On the paper that looks extremely impressive, with Damien Grant mentioned so many times, particularly when Maria Chou appears to be the only other character that branches into more things and that is only two areas, Security and Finance. It's a bit like having a lot of Endier and Ilien like realms, with very little influence and then the combined Darian Avan, Aeric Boeruine with their vassals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or Omnicorp may be comparable to the Gorgon, in which case that strength is completely appropriate. Though I would say you need to add more industrial corporations, otherwise Omnicorp will have control over so much of the military production.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Omnicorp are the thinly veiled Ghoere of the setting, their power level is about relative with that of Ghoere in BR. They do seem very tough, and they are, but they have a lot of limiting factors.

1. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY trusts them
    2. They only have 2 provinces of not exceptionally high level to their name.
    3. They are competing with EVERY type of other holding. Can you imagine being looked on as an adversary by Guilder Kalien, the WIT, the High Mage Aelies and Darian Avan?
    4. They are surrounded by much larger countries who are double or triple their size. While they could perhaps conquer one, they would be swamped with crap troops, and be unable to hold their new territory.

That said, they are supposed to be a dangerous opponent.

Redoubt Corporation, on the other hand, has massive manufacturing capability, a nicely defensible island HQ, no particular enemies and a huge number of military vehicle units.

NHK does not produce much, but has such a massive inflow of wealth through their finance holdings and two well-developed provinces that they are a serious opponent for anyone. I will be trying to expand on the "economic disruption" actions that are useable in EW - so a finance corp can damage the finances of a host country badly.

Thread Information