Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I recently joined a BR game (playing as Tuornen) I was curious about the full history of Alamie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering, have you been receiving emails for that game? I've tried sending them to you, but I haven't gotten many replies. I wanted to be sure you are getting them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? :huh: well I think I got all your E-mails ok. I know I may not reply straight away but my schedule is rather hectic this time of year. :unsure:

My apology’s for any inconvenience caused

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only gotten bits and pieces from Rich Baker's errata (I believe you can download this from the pinned FAQ's thread, above); his Timeline of Anuire mentions some of the most significant events. Don't know if there's a Player's Secrets book with more info or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've looked at some the FAQ's but i'm looking for detailed info.

Alamie dosnt have a Player's Secrets book, Tuornen dose but deals more with Tuor histroy and culture after the spilt, not Alamie's full history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamie is much cooler then the scum across Tuor river, sorry to here that your stuck playing Tuornen :lol: any way here you go, by the way i won't invade you till after the sword and crown

The Fourth Tribe of the Andu, the Elaime, settled the region around Lofton and Haes after the Flight from the Shadow and quickly came into conflict with the goblins of the region. Allied with the elves, the Elaime waged a bloody war against the creatures and drove them back into what would later be known as the Five Peaks.
    Unfortunately, it was not long before the Elaime warred with the elves as their civilization began to encroach on the forests of the Aelvinnwode and the wooded areas around the River Maesil. As happened throughout Cerilia, the elves were driven back and it was only a short time later before not a single elven kingdom stood in the Heartlands and the woods around the Maesil were felled.
    During the War of Shadow, the Elaime fought alongside their Andu brethren and brought the greater part of their strength to Deismaar. There, the Elaime suffered grievous casualties and their lord, the legendary Arvael Elaime, was slain upon the sword of Rhuobhe Manslayer.
    After the Deismaar cataclysm, the Fourth Tribe of the Andu fell into disarray. Three distant relations of Lord Elaime, all of which were present at Deismaar, returned to Lofton newly empowered by their divine blood and claimed the throne of the Elaime. These three scions made war upon one another but none were able to achieve supremacy over the other.
    All that changed when Roele began carving out his empire. One of the three scions, Alam, as history records, allied with Roele and promised to serve him if he could defeat the other two contenders. This Roele did in short order and Alam was proclaimed duke. Alam was the progenitor of the House of Alam, the dynasty that continues to rule Alamie today.
    House Alam loyally served the Roele Emperors and became one of the most important realms within the Empire. Alamie’s large harvest yields and size helped feed the Imperial armies and maintain an impressive presence in the Imperial Court and Alamie was considered the equal of the Avans, the Boeruines, the Diems, and the Mhorieds. On more than one occasion, a scion of House Alam had the opportunity to marry a member of House Roele, and so the alliance was further strengthened.
    When Arwyn Boeruine raised his swords in rebellion to Michael Roele, Alamie initially sat on the fence and declared for neither side. Alamie paid a dear price for its neutrality, for Lord Arwyn soon lead an impressive force across the Seamists and devastated much of western Alamie, modern day Tuornen. Through this act, Arwyn forced the duke, Deklan Alam, into Michael’s camp and Alamie was soon contributing numerous forces to the Emperor’s cause.
    After the War of Succession ended upon the Field of Sorrow, Deklan Alam became one of the Emperor’s greatest supporters, although many disliked and distrusted him for his previous neutrality. However, most in Alamie remember him as a great man and a hero for being one of the lords who fell in battle alongside Michael Roele in the ill-fated campaign against the Gorgon.
    After Michael’s death, Alamie was widely regarded as one of the pre-emanate powers in Anuire. Geographically large, well populated, prosperous, and strategically placed, more than one Alam dreamed of one day sitting upon the Iron Throne. Alamie’s years of greatness came crashing down in 447 MR, the year of the Brother’s War. The story behind that conflict is one of tragedy and lost love.
    In 411 MR, the duke Kaeduric dallied with a beautiful commoner named Calle. Though Calle became pregnant, it would have been unseemly for Kaeduric to take her as a wife, thus Calle left Lofton with her newborn son, Dalton, in exchange for a modest annuity. Carrying only her son, a small pouch of gold, and a ring given to her by Kaeduric, Calle left for Lofton’s sister city, Haes.
    Three years later, Kaeduric took Morissa Berran of Sorelies as a wife, presenting his subjects with a much more suitable duchess. Before long, the couple bore a son, Berric. Berric became a wilful man, subject to no one – until he met Lanelle Flaertes. Like his father before him, Berric fell for a woman of low birth. Unlike his father however, Berric intended to obey his heart instead of bowing to social constraints.
    Over time, Berric began to grow suspicious of Lanelle, believing that she loved another. His increasing jealousy led him to forget his discretion one night and confront her as she walked the banks of the Tuor River with another man. Heated words were exchanged between Berric and the other man and they were soon engaged in a duel to the death. The stranger greatly exceeded Berric’s skill at the blade and only the timely intervention of the guards saved him. Depite Lanelle’s pleas, the stranger was arrested for assaulting the ducal heir and sentenced to die.
    The stranger, as it turns out, was a soldier in the Alamien army under the elven commander Braedonnal Tuare. Before facing death, the stranger persuaded Braedonnal to present a ring to the duke. This Braedonnal did, and Kaeduric immediately pardoned the stranger – for the ring could mean only one thing, that the stranger was none another than Dalton.
    Perhaps rashly, Kaeduric publicly acknowledged Dalton’s heritage. As Dalton grew proud and ever more popular, Berric began to feel that his father’s love, once reserved for him alone, was now split. The people of Lofton were soon dividing amongst themselves, some celebrating Dalton as a romantic hero, others denouncing him as a threat to Berric’s rightful heritage.
    In 445 MR, Kaeduric died and Berric inherited the throne of Alamie. His first act was to charge Dalton with the death of Kaeduric and declare his half-brother a traitor. Forewarned of Berric’s actions, the elf commander Braedonnal betrayed his loyalties to House Alam and informed Dalton of his impending arrest. Using Braedonnal’s contacts, Dalton and Lanelle fled Lofton for the relative security of the countryside.
    Unfortunately, Dalton’s growing pride, ambition, and fear of Berric would not allow his fledgling family to live in the safety of anonymity. With Braedonnal’s help, Dalton began a campaign of subversion among the commoners and in the army. However, Berric’s own informers kept him aware of Dalton’s moves and in 447 MR, Berric orchestrated a carefully planned series of attacks and arrests designed to root out pro-Dalton sentiment. Unfortunately, the traitors fought to their last breath, resulting in the destruction of many towns and villages. Soon, Alamie neatly divided along the Tuor River, as most of the attacked villages were in the west. Berric fought from his stronghold in Berric, while Dalton lead from the rebellious city of Haes.
    The war dragged on for a year with brother warring against brother and cousin slaying cousin. Dalton offered to compromise with his half-brother, proposing to divide Alamie in two, but Berric would not suffer to see his duchy and rightful birthright sundered. The final battle of the war came in the Tuor province of Alamsreft, where Berric and Dalton met in a clash of arms. In that duel, Berric was slain by Dalton’s dagger as he was about to deliver the killing blow. And so the War of Brothers ended. Tuornen came into being and Alamie was much reduced.
    Following the end of the war, Berric’s son, Jerem, assumed the Alam throne. Jerem took after his father’s worst aspects. He was jealous, spiteful and full of rage over the loss of western Alamie and the death of his father. Unfortunately for Jerem, Alamie was too weak to take on Tuornen, so he focused his energies on repairing Alamie’s war damage and awaited an opportunity.
    In 489 MR, Telaena Flaertes, Dalton and Lanelle’s daughter and duchess of Tuornen, well known for her martial prowess, led a foray against Rhuobhe Manslayer’s elves and met the Elf himself. She died on his blade, her heart pierced and strengthening his bloodline all the more. Taking advantage of this, Jerem’s army invaded Tuornen and besieged Haes. After several weeks of siege, Jerem grew impatient and ordered an assault on the outnumbered defenders of Haes. Even as the defenders swarmed over the walls, Braedonnal Tuare called out Jerem to a challenge. Jerem eagerly accepted and was easily defeated by Braedonnal’s skill at arms. The Alamien army retreated, their moral broken. The hatred between Alam and Tuor seethed all the more.
    Following Jerem’s death, his brother, Herran, ascended the throne. Herran ruled unremarkably for thirteen years until his death in 502 MR. Though Herran was well known for his calm rationality and excellent administrative skills, Alamie’s nobles grew disenchanted with their duke, fearing that he did not have the will to deal with the rebels. His death of a sudden and violent stomach flu led to many rumors that his son, Carilon, arranged his death. None of these rumors could be substantiated of course.
    Soon after Carilon ascended the throne, he ordered a purge of the army, executing anyone not deemed sufficiently loyal to the duke or thought to have sympathies with the rebels. Carilon learned well the mistakes of his forefathers and rather than following a campaign of military aggression, he instituted a number of plots and conspiracies designed to destroy Tuornen from within and without.
    The one exception to Carilon’s quiet strategy came in 519 MR. In that year, the Manslayer again struck Tuornen, butchering as many humans as stood in his path. Seizing the opportunity, Carilon ordered another invasion of Tuornen. For the second time since the War of Brothers, Alamien soldiers assaulted Haes. The Tuors would surely have lost if not for the hasty return of Braedonnal Tuare, banished from Tuornen for the last ten years. Under Commander Braedonnal’s leadership, the Tuor army rallied and defeated the attacking Alamiens. The failed campaign further convinced Carilon of the need for subtlety and finesse in the conquest of Tuornen and he was soon devoting most of his will toward that one task.
    Today, the plans Carilon set in motion years before are nearing fruition. Alamien agents have infiltrated deep into the Tuor government and the duke’s shock troops stand ready to charge across the border and seize Haes in a lightning campaign.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a players secrets book for Alamie too , i could give it to Dunsel our dm and have him email it to you if you realy want ta read up on Alamie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silly Alams and Tuors. Why can't you just be friends? Sit back and relax. And remember to take a walk through the forest from time to time, to enjoy how nice it is there.

However should anyone decide to kill a tree, I'll personally make sure that there will be no further heirs of the line! :angry:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamie is much cooler then the scum across Tuor river, sorry to here that your stuck playing Tuornen any way here you go, by the way i won't invade you till after the sword and crown
    Alamie is my favourite realm, but I dont have a problem playing as Tuornen, since the challenges facing the two realms are fairly similar, powerful neighbours, raids from The five peaks, enemies across the Tuor river etc.

As for invading me.............well you'll need to deal with those revolting peasants first. Perhaps they grow weary of your tyrannical rule, they should cross the river and live under my tyrannical rule instead. :lol: Besides that wars are messy, costly and very inconvenient things.

I got a players secrets book for Alamie too , i could give it to Dunsel our dm and have him email it to you if you realy want ta read up on Alamie

Yes, a players secrets book for Alamie would be much appreciated, thank you .

Thread Information