When you read fantasy books, those who wield magic are always extending their lives. You often read of wizards who are hundreds of years old. In RoE, Aelis is a half-elf who has lived centuries through the magic of the Erebannien. I figured I would put together a spell that would create this effect.

Note this is a 1 time shot spell. Try it again, and you are dead dead dead. Not almost dead, not mostly dead, nor not quite dead. DEAD. That, plus the cost, should limit it's use.

I also figured that divine magic can duplicate this effect, but needs more power to do so. After all, wizards are tapping the land, which is constantly rejuvenating. Clerics will call upon the power of their god, who is a bit less willing to perform the miracle. I'm making this a realm spell because it's a big deal, and I don't want just anyone casting.

Finally, there is the bit about age bonuses and penalties. I know everyone wants to say the age penalties go away, but not the bonuses. I agree with this in principle. However, allowing this will unbalance the game. Thus I wrote the spell to simply ignore age based penalties and bonuses. This may be the biggest argument part.

Anyway, I wanted to see what people think of it. Please point out any problems you can see. Thanks!

Breathe of Life

Necromanctic
Level: Clr/Drd 7 , Sor/Wiz 7
Target: 1 person
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Special Requirements: Source (5) or Temple (6)
By use of this spell, the cleric or mage taps into great power to actually remove years of age from the target. Physical years only are affected, not experience. Any bonuses or penalties acquired due to age are not changed, either, only the physical age of the body. You are young again, but you are not as quick, strong, or healthy as you once were. Memories are also not affected. Fertility and other aspects based upon physical age are affected, so a person made younger could have children again. The subject must be willing, or the spell automatically fails.
This spell can only be cast once upon a recipient. A second casting on the same person results in instant and irrevocable death. Not even a Wish can restore the person killed by this spell.
Regency Cost: 5 RP + 3 RP per year removed
Material Cost: 2 GB of expendable ritual components