Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well spoken,

Then there should be a game mechanic effect to reflect that. Say a +2 circumstance bonus to interaction checks made with the opposite sex?

Interaction checks could be any Charisma based check relating to interaction (diplomacy, bluff, etc.)
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure fashion should be rewarded with any kind of bonus, to be honest. I've seen plenty of girls wearing "fashionable" stuff that looked completely weird (skirt over trousers anyone?)

Psychology studies have shown that the main reason girls tend to follow fashions is to impress other girls, not to impress men (mind you, young men are supposed to be spending more on fashion clothing these days, so maybe the trend is no longer limited to girls.)

Anyway, I'd say fashion is to do with peer pressure, not actual attractiveness, hence you should be punished if you don't keep up with it (akin to not having the jewellry to accompany a courtier's outfit in the PHB) rather than rewarding it if you do. True style comes from within, and is largely to do with self-confidence and natural good looks, which is basically what CHA represents anyway.
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well since people had pointed out that the point of the makeup (and perfume for that matter) was to arouse the male members of society it seemed to me that an appropriate game mechanic should exist for it.

This is not the same as a "fashion-sense" which as Gary pointed out is more in line with one-upping the other members of the same sex in society.

Make up and perfume were specifically designed to arouse the males and so this makes sense. While some manner of clothing could also work that way, it is less likely to be worn in public (although not unheard of) - in that case then there would a bonus towards members of the opposite sex with a corresponding penalty towards members of the same sex ("that tart").

Gary you are truncating the header in your e-mail replies again so your responses are going off towards other threads. (Well that is my assumption since that is what happened when this occured several months ago).
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if this counts as a material component, a good-luck charm or a what, but here goes....

In real medieval history, the pope's faeces were collected - as they had been "touched by the divine" having passed through God's vicar on earth - and distributed as a miraculous substance that could do all manner of beneficial things. In actual fact, they were in such demand that they had to be mixed with the "night soil" of cardinals and bishops in order to meet demand. (Its true - you couldn't make this stuff up&#33

Now, does anyone think that the equivalent could be true of any of the Archprelates of the churches of Haelyn? And if so, would it confer any bonuses? :lol:
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Hrandal@Dec 22 2004, 12:15 AM
    I don't know if this counts as a material component, a good-luck charm or a what, but here goes....

In real medieval history, the pope's faeces were collected - as they had been "touched by the divine" having passed through God's vicar on earth - and distributed as a miraculous substance that could do all manner of beneficial things. In actual fact, they were in such demand that they had to be mixed with the "night soil" of cardinals and bishops in order to meet demand. (Its true - you couldn't make this stuff up&#33

Now, does anyone think that the equivalent could be true of any of the Archprelates of the churches of Haelyn? And if so, would it confer any bonuses? :lol:
    Hmmm let's see maybe a moral authority bonus, I mean morale. :lol:
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    irdeggman writes:

> QUOTE (Hrandal @ Dec 22 2004, 12:15 AM) I don`t know if this counts as a material component, a good-luck charm or a what, but here goes....In real medieval history, the pope`s faeces were collected - as they had been "touched by the divine" having passed through God`s vicar on earth - and distributed as a miraculous substance that could do all manner of beneficial things. In actual fact, they were in such demand that they had to be mixed with the "night soil" of cardinals and bishops in order to meet demand. (Its true - you couldn`t make this stuff up!)Now, does anyone think that the equivalent could be true of any of the Archprelates of the churches of Haelyn? And if so, would it confer any bonuses? :lol:

> -----------------------------

>

> Hmmm let`s see maybe a moral authority bonus, I mean morale. :lol:

To me the question is what should a bonus from such material stack with?

Gary

Thread Information