Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roele the Title

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I am sitting in my western civilization class I am in awe at all the material and ideas that I can use for Birthright.

One such idea comes from the Roman title of Augustus. Could we not use Roele to embelish this? For example say that Boeruine conquers Avan and his vassals then unites the empire or consolidates at least some of the warring factions under his rule could we not, or the Imperial Temple, name him Aeric Roele?
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are we writing some new story to carry on the birthright timeline? If so would love to get involved. But i think you are slightly mistaken to have boeruine make any significant gain. My first bet would be another gorgon push into mhoried and Cariele. But that could spark a mjor sugence of new wars. Most notably led by Ghoere. I always figured Ghoere would make a giant pact with Alamie and Osoerde, secretly at first, and have them slowly expand influence in Tuornen. Then declare war either on them or head south into Roesone. Those three nations could field a massive army and with the distraction of another gorgon rampage, could cause some serious problems. And of course, though endier would try to stay neutral, it could easily be forced into the pact by sheer force of power, adfter all, ghoere has a way with getting what it wants, especially under the Baron's rule :)
    Also, i figure before they took action, they would try to entice the pot to boil over in the boeruine avanil struggle sending those two into a major war. Anyways, these are some of my idea's, but this is just if updating timeline As for your idea, i do like that and it sounds cool, but i doubt the other nations would go for it, nor allow boeruine to gain control.
    Mortis shall raise the forces of darkness through the shadow world and release their terror upon the living of Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The cool thing about Birthright and any role playing game for that matter is you can make happen anything that you can imagine and your DM allows. In our campaign, Roesone has been taken over by a ruling council that has conquered Ilien. Taken over Osoerde. And is expanding its influence in all of the surrounding territories. What binds the council is its dedication to expanding the influence of Haelyn.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thank you for your insight and ideas of how the progress of events would transpire, though I don't think the three evil rulers could trust each other enough to make much of anything last long.

However, with sufficient plotting Boeruine is the prime candidate for such a task, that is with a canny player at the helm. This is of course contrary to the popular Avanil and Mhoried candidates.

To the original point, I think this game parrallels very closely with our actual history hence my idea of the honorable title of Roele bestowed upon worthy rulers. Also I would rather think a new empire come about from the east similar to Islam under the name of Avani which also parallels our history.

To the other response, yes I agree that this game is great in that you can do anything that you want to DM willing which makes it wonderful and limited to the imagination. That is why each campaign is unique and worth discussing to spark new ideas. But of course for any plot we could come up with innumerable counter plots, all part of the fun.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I VERY MUCH liek the idea of using Roele the title!!

I think it would suit rather well to have the heir appearant officially become known as "Bobby Roele" upon gaining the title of Emperor. This would also signify the transition from a Lord being tied to a specific family/house/land, and instead be tied to the entire realm - a very important aspect of the position I think. It would not due for the Emperor to so visibly retain a direct and public link to his ancestral lands and family. THe Emperor IS Anuire, not Boeuine or Avanil or Mhoried.

I don't think that any of the big candidates would rock the boat either with this concept. Boeruine is a staunch traditionalist in my opinion, and if it was done a thousand years ago, it is still done in Boeruine today. Avan I think is a bit more .... opportunistic and more of a present day politician - cunning and crafty.

BTW - it is blaspheme to inmply that the great Barony of Roesone should ever fall to conquest! NEVER!!!

;)

If you can't tell, I'm a BIG TIME Roesone fan...
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Barony of Roesone didn't exactly fall to conquest. Marlae was given a potion over time that made her go insane. A ruling council had to take over or the country would have falling to conquest. Over time the council renamed the country to reflect its new mission. Thus Roesone and some of its neighbors are now the United Provinces of Haelyn.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    And what a gloriously expansive country it is. Long live the UPofH!
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its an interesting concept I agree. But what happens if somewhere, somehow someone pops up with the true bloodline of Anduiras because they are desended from the Roeles. In The Iron Throne, Michael Roele did have seven sisters after all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would seem to me that the DM would have to take charge in whether or not that would happen.
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    That stands to reason as bloodlines like that don't just pop up unless the DM makes it happen. But if someone had titled themselves Roele (like a player character) how is that player going to react when the True bloodline of Anduiras shows up again? I was asking a rhetorical question anyway.

Leland

Thread Information