Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread I open for all of us that have ideas that might interest the whole community.

I suppose that posting one spell at a time, making our criticism and/or comments, giving any ideas, and THEN going on is best.

So as to avoid sounding too stuck up, I won't be the one to suggest the first spell. The first who posts his spell gets the honour.

Let this whole thing... BEGIN!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The honor is all mine...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blood Sacrifice
    Necromancy [Evil]
    Level: Clr 5, Sor/Wiz 5
    Target: One blooded creature
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell prepares one target creature, which must be blooded, to be sacrificed. The subject must be present (usually as a prisoner) during the entire period of the realm spell casting.
    At the completion of the ritual, the target creature must be killed (by the caster or by any other creature chosen by the caster), by having its heart pierced, as in a bloodtheft. The objective of this spell is to make the bloodtheft much more effective - the creature that kills the target of this spell will obtain a greater fraction of the target’s bloodline than the one he would obtain if he made a normal bloodtheft, as show below:

xxxxx*

If the target of this spell isn't killed at the right moment (at the end of the ritual), this spell has no effect. This means that if the target suffers a bloodtheft later, his slayer will gain the normal amount of bloodline score.
    Material Components: 1 GB worth of expendable ritual components.
    XP Cost: 250 XP.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Well, the reason I didn't put the exact increase of the bloodtheft is that I don't use the BRCS bloodline rules, so my spell isn't compatible; but this should be easy to fix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a lot of new spell from my RoE game, but I don`t use the BRCS, so they are not 100% compatible. However, if anyone is interested, I could post some anyway.

B

Cheers

Bjørn

-------------------------------------------------

WebMail fra Tele2 http://www.tele2.no

-------------------------------------------------
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting enough... But I suggest you make a conversion, meaning you check the BRCS, see how this spell's effect would fit in with your own bloodtheft mechanics, and then determine its effects under the BRCS bloodtheft mechanics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, great timing! I was trying to think of a way to dramatize a

bloodtheft by a villain IMC.

As a rules-effect issue, maybe this spell could approximate the use of a

tighmaevril weapon? Or just double/triple the RP/BS absorbed?

Lee.

In a message dated 10/14/04 1:51:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< Sir Justine wrote:

The honor is all

mine...------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Blood Sacrifice >>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it could work that way; but I think granting it the benefits of tighmaevril is like... a little too much? Also, I believe we should here the author&#39;s ideas on the matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you notice the description it states it is a realm spell. While the color effect of the spell is good the game effects are actually better performed by the existing realm spell Investiture (which can be a forced issue and not strictly a voluntary one).
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman@Oct 15 2004, 12:49 PM
    If you notice the description it states it is a realm spell. While the color effect of the spell is good the game effects are actually better performed by the existing realm spell Investiture (which can be a forced issue and not strictly a voluntary one).
    I miss the "slapping my forehead" smiley other sites have on such occasions...

So, does that it mean we are off with it? Suggestions, bitte&#33;

Downloads
    Uploads
    As its written I&#39;d say it doesn&#39;t quite work. For one it is a cermony-type spell, which IMO eliminates it from being an arcane spell.

IIRC there was a standard spell in the BoM that allowed a limited type of bloodtheft. IIRC Ian also talked about bringing it back for the next rev of the BRCS. I&#39;d use that tack instead of the one above and make it an arcane only spell. But the ceremony aspects could be added to Kreisha (specifically appropriate there) or Belnik for how they implement the Investiture spell.
    Duane Eggert

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The spell from the BoM was Blood Drain, a 9th level spell that allowed the caster to strip 2d8 points of bloodline strength and add them to his own. Spell also had a chance to backfire, potentially draining away bloodline pts from the caster.

Initial thoughts about changing it for 3rd edition was to give the victim a fortitude saving throw adjusted by his bloodline modifier, which would make it extermely difficult to perform on regents with high bloodlines.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information