View Poll Results: How should the noble class be structured?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • (1) Ruler based class.

18 66.67%
  • (2) A combination of ruler-based class and noble-warrior (i.e., 2-classes).

8 29.63%
  • (3) Abstain

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on the results of the paring down the noble class and noble class polls here are the final 2 choices.

I looked at including another choice of ruler based with a variant of noble-warrior but that didn't make any sense to me as a variant. A variant is supposed to be an alternative to something not an option to add an additional class to the choices. What I mean is that if presented as a variant then there would be a ruler oriented class with the option of adding another class to capture the warrior-noble one.

The previous variants are complete rewrites of the existing classes and are to be used instead of them not an option to add a new one.

I don't know if I'm being clear here or just coming off as arrogant (not my intention).

I also didn't add the "other" choice to the poll, since that was already included in the previous version and it is now time to make the clear choice.

Regardless, if there is no clear majority winner (or close) on this poll - the noble class will be stricken from the BRCS since it would obvious to even the dullest individual that we (as a group) cannot reach a consensus (clear majority) on this issue and we will have spent more than enough time trying to work it out, IMO.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me get this straight: you mean that you are uncomfortable/find foreign the idea of introducing a variant which effectively adds another class, since the typical variant substitutes an existing option.

I agree with your feelings on that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK -I'm unclear on choice #2. I had written a whole retort, but now I don't know what the choices actually are? Is choice #2 to allow for 2 classes (a ruler and noble warrior both)? Or is it for a single class with 2 paths, one ruler-focused and one warrior-focused? Please clarify.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suppose it means any combination that allows 2 versions, be it two classes or two paths.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for option 1 simply to insure that a ruler based class is introduced. I would add the caveat though, that this assumes that fighters feat list are broadened, as in the discussion in Noble Warrior thread. Far from perfect, but the simplest option.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Osprey@Oct 10 2004, 12:16 AM
    OK -I'm unclear on choice #2. I had written a whole retort, but now I don't know what the choices actually are? Is choice #2 to allow for 2 classes (a ruler and noble warrior both)? Or is it for a single class with 2 paths, one ruler-focused and one warrior-focused? Please clarify.
    It was supposed to be the choice from the earlier poll:

(d) Two separate classes (one for (a) one for ( b ))

But I tried to be more specific - that is two classes.

The pathed version got nixed in the narrow down the ruler style poll.

The choices are:

a ruler based class (only one class, no pathed version)

and a ruler based class and a noble-warrior one (i.e., 2 classes)

That is what I meant to write. Is it any clearer?
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me try to explain differently using the poll results (from earlier polls)

What should be the overall concept for the 3.5 Birthright Noble class?
    ( a ) A class designed to a ruler alone. [ 7 ] [23.33%]
    ( b ) A warrior-theme ruler. [ 2 ] [6.67%]
    ( c ) A pathed ruler class (based on ( a ) but with path-specific variations) [ 9 ] [30.00%]
    ( d ) Two separate classes (one for ( a ) one for ( b )) [ 9 ] [30.00%]
    ( e ) Other (please provide suggestions) [ 3 ] [10.00%]
    ( f ) Abstain [ 0 ] [0.00%]
    Total Votes: 30

And the narrow down the ruler styled noble poll

Time to close this poll, here are the results:

Which of the following do you prefer for the noble?
    (1) A ruler based noble class. [ 16 ] [53.33%]
    (2) A pathed version of the above. [ 13 ] [43.33%]
    (3) Abstain [ 1 ] [3.33%]
    Total Votes: 30

Which puts the ruler based noble (non-pathed) ahead, if adjusting by those who said they refer the pathed version but could go with the non-pathed - one the results would be:

(1) A ruler based noble class. [20]
    (2) A pathed version of the above. [9]
    (3) Abstain [1]

Putting the two together you end up with a choice of;

(1) ruler based class

or

(2) ruler based class and noble-warrior (i.e., 2 separate classes)

I guess you could say that choice (2) is actually two paths, a ruler based one and a noble-warrior based one - but they really translate into 2 separate classes since the most recent versions aren't really path changes (the noble-warrior has a good BAB while the ruler based one has an Average BAB, and they both have different class abilities). Best represented as 2 separate classes, the way I see it.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    The choices are:

a ruler based class (only one class, no pathed version)

and a ruler based class and a noble-warrior one (i.e., 2 classes)

That is what I meant to write. Is it any clearer?
    Yep, much clearer, thanks. I hadn't realized the pathed version was truly nixed until now.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally it would be time to close this poll, but with the problems with access to the site still ongoing (I still can't get to it from work - I don't have administrator privileges to insert the "patch" to fix things). I'll leave it open for a while longer and hope that things get straightened out soon. The problems have been going on for nearly 3 weeks and posting is way off.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads

Normally it would be time to close this poll, but with the problems with access to the site still ongoing (I still can't get to it from work - I don't have administrator privileges to insert the "patch" to fix things). I'll leave it open for a while longer and hope that things get straightened out soon. The problems have been going on for nearly 3 weeks and posting is way off.
    No kidding - this is only the 3rd time in the past 3-4 weeks that I've managed to successfully access the site - which is way below par for me.

Makes discussion of any subject almost impossible. I hope we do get this problem fixed, it's really killin' the project's momentum that had been building and pushing ahead. Ill omens brewing...

Thread Information