Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The following Eberron article, which mentions that "[t]he relative scarcity of high-level NPCs is something that sets Eberron apart from many other published worlds"—sounds like Birthright to me —inspired me to make up some new demographics tables for Birthright to replace the ones in the v.3.5 DMG, Chapter 5: Campaigns, pp. 137-139.
    See below for the results. Perhaps this could also be featured in the BrCS? (Yes, I know it's not OGL, but those tables aren't exactly game rules, either. Hell, they don't even have proper table numbers in the DMG&#33
    Anyhow, I'd like to know if it makes sense to other Birthrighters as well. Any suggestions for improvement are especially appreciated.

Community Modifiers
    • Community Size: Community Modifier
    • Thorp: -3
    • Hamlet: -2
    • Village: -1
    • Small town: +0
    • Large town: +2
    • Small city: +4
    • Large city: +6 (roll twice) *
    • Metropolis: +8 (roll three times) *
    * Cities this large can have more than one high-level NPC per class, each of whom generates lower-level characters of the same class as described in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

Highest-Level Locals
    • Class: Character Level
    • Adept: 3d4 + community modifier
    • Aristocrat: 2d4 + community modifier
    • Barbarian: 1d3 + community modifier (1)
    • Bard: 1d4 + community modifier (2)
    • Cleric: 1d3 + community modifier (3)
    • Commoner: 4d4 + community modifier
    • Druid: 1d3 + community modifier (4)
    • Expert: 3d4 + community modifier
    • Fighter: 1d6 + community modifier (5)
    • Magician: 3d4 + community modifier
    • Paladin: 1d3 + community modifier (6)
    • Ranger: 1d3 + community modifier (7)
    • Rogue: 1d6 + community modifier (8)
    • Sorcerer: 1d3 + community modifier (9)
    • Warrior: 3d4 + community modifier
    • Wizard: 1d3 + community modifier (10)

(1) In Rjurik and Vos communities, level is 1d8 + modifier, with a maximum value of 15.
    (2) In Rjurik and Sidhelien communities, level is 1d6 + modifier.
    (3) In Anuirean, Brecht, Khinasi and Vos communities, level is 1d6 + modifier.
    (4) In Rjurik communities, level is 1d8 + modifier, with a maximum value of 15.
    (5) In Anuirean, dwarven and orog communities, level is 1d8 + modifier.
    (6) In Anuirean and Khinasi communities, level is 1d6 + modifier.
    (7) In Rjurik, halfling and gnoll communities, level is 1d8 + modifier, with a maximum value of 15.
    (8) In Brecht communities, level is 1d8 + modifier, with a maximum value of 15.
    (9) In Sidhelien and goblin communities, level is 1d6 + modifier.
    (10) In Khinasi communities, level is 1d4 + modifier.

The population of 1st-level characters with NPC classes should be divided as follows: 90% commoners, 5% warriors, 3% experts, 1% magicians, and 1% divided equally between adepts and aristocrats.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting... I am not too sure about some of the numbers (like the bard, for example), but checking them out is not exactly my field of expertise, however good at math may I be... Any logistics analyst around here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that does seem to be very similar. It&#39;s almost as if they rehashed Birthright with out using the same background material. The demographic chart is pretty good. I like how in certain regions, you&#39;ve up the fequency to make the class more appropiate. However I&#39;m not sure about the last part

RaspK_FOG : The population of 1st-level characters with NPC classes should be divided as follows: 90% commoners, 5% warriors, 3% experts, 1% magicians, and 1% divided equally between adepts and aristocrats.
    Should there be a higher fequency of magicians than adepts? I figured that there tends to be more npcs with adept class that visa versa. Hmm, mabye not. I not sure on what determines wich is the class that is easier to learn by an Npc. Magician or Adept?

Should there be a higher fequency of magicians than adepts? I figured that there tends to be more npcs with adept class that visa versa. Hmm, mabye not. I not sure on what determines wich is the class that is easier to learn by an Npc. Magician or Adept?
    Well, as were making magician a viable PC class now, I think there will be more adepts than magicians.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Oct 10 2004, 01:07 PM
    Well, as were making magician a viable PC class now, I think there will be more adepts than magicians.
    Yeah well, I made this chart with the assumption that Magician is an NPC class.
    If you, however, assume that Magician is a PC class, then of course 3d4 + community modifier is simply off the charts, so to speak. In that case, I think you should use Magician level is 1d3 + community modifier, with level is 1d6 + modifier in Khinasi communities and level is 1d4 + modifier in Anuirean, Brecht and Rjurik communities, instead. Division of 1st-level NPC classes is then just according to the DMG.
    Anyhow, I don&#39;t intend to make Magician a PC class in my campaign, since nobody&#39;s interested in playing one, anyways.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

Anyhow, I don&#39;t intend to make Magician a PC class in my campaign, since nobody&#39;s interested in playing one, anyways.
    aye, just pointing out the whole revision Osprey made of it and we all sanctioned to make it a viable PC class is all.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Oct 11 2004, 10:08 PM
    aye, just pointing out the whole revision Osprey made of it and we all sanctioned to make it a viable PC class is all.
    Whatever floats your boat.

It&#39;s a yacht, not a boat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Oct 11 2004, 03:09 PM
    It&#39;s a yacht, not a boat.
    *and* it&#39;s pronounced "mangrove throat warbler"...

(just having a Python moment)
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

hmm, don&#39;t remember that ones average flight speed.

Thread Information