"Majesty" ! That is the term I have been looking for! With your permission Gary, I shall incorporate this into my own campaign. (This has been one of those brain busting, on the edge of your tongue type dilemmas for nearly a week now!!! AAACK! I can
know sleep at night! :)

I agree that a character's relative class level should have some bearing on his ability to rule, but at the same time, I think the King of Furyondy could be just as good a King without ever having twenty years of adventuring under his belt. Besides, Royal
families likely didn't send the heir apparent off to slay fiends and ghouls anyway, that's what the Royal Knights of Myth Drannor are for! (A not so subtle stab at FR....) :)~

In reply to the most magical fun-ominous Master of Arcane, Darren (and a Canuck to boot!)(though i still haven't found out who "Jim" is...) thoughts regarding the limiting of RP power, I agree as well. The RP limitations of the Bloodline strength are
there for game balance I think. If I understand correctly, a low bloodline reflects the characters inability to adequately rule (represented by all those excess & wasted RPs the domain generates). Perhaps it is up to the Dm to play this up in the game
somehow. Simple game mechanics (such as the ability to contest an entire guild domain away in a single domain turn) which some one like Prince Avan can do for example, is a fine example of how capable a ruler he is. If he can get rid of say, El-Hadid in
three action rounds, while the shining & upstanding citizen, Orthien Tane, cannot even hope to do so. Orthien could still become a King, but he could never 'rule as well or with as much ability' as Avan. Unfortunately, the game does not really reflect
this line of thought well, as the extra RPs are simple dispersed, and life goes on normally for all involved.

Here's a thought for non BR campaigns:
What if the 'Majesty" score was rolled as a regular attribute (max score of 18) and added to the Charisma score? This would give you a maximum of 36 RPs, which seems to be the average level of Bloodlines I think. Someway would have to be created to
increase your Majesty ability (though I personally prefer low powered bloodlines any-who). Hey! Brain flash! What if the above was used to determine the average Joe's 'Bloodline' score? A man who was 'born to be King' (such as King Arthur) could
actually 'link' his majesty score with the land, (I have an event similar to Deismaar IMCW just as Gary does, & have also irradiated the land with 'magic') and thus receive the more traditional BR styled manner of ruling & RP collection. (The lay man
would not actually 'collect' RPs, but instead his majesty score is simply used as a measure of the amount of actions he can perform in any round.) hmmm... needs some work still I think.

Thoughts?

Keith
- --
"Even the Spider has something to say if you listen long enough."