Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the entirety of Chapter 1 has not been sanctioned, I'd like to see if we can get a new feat added...

Master of Supply [General]
    Your logistics always have everything organized to the last detail.
    Prerequisites: Master Administrator, Military Genius
    Benefits: You can reduce the overall maintenance of an active army or navy by 25% on a successful Warcraft check against a DC 10 + the active maintenance cost in GB.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would either allow for some variation based on how successful the check is or grant the benefit with no check.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Athos.
    After we've already reduced the base maintenance on most non-troop items, now you'd like a feat that, combined with Master Administrator, will effectively HALVE the maintenance of all troops and ships? That gets really powerful. Think of it this way: regents with these feats can have an army TWICE AS BIG as they normally would. Imagine the size of armies of realms like Avanil, Ghoere, and Boeruine if their regents know these feats.

I really like the feat concept of an expert quartermaster, not crazy about the mechanic encouraging massive army size. Also, I think you're really repeating the Master Administrator concept: highly eficient distribution of resources. However, at half cost those troops are now working for dirt pay and eating what?

My experience is that the bigger armies get, the harder they become to manage and have fun playing in battles. If you're still looking for ways for the smaller realms to be contenders, it's going to have to be through alliances and outside support, not just superior regent skills. Or realm magic in the case of Rogr Aglondier. Realm magic is a powerful bargaining chip, 'cause nobody knows just what you're really capable of.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to to mention in my last post that as a means for cheaper units, don't forget that any character with Leadership can have military cohorts at 1/2 maintenance. More advanced regents hard up for money could make a point of hiring gifted NPC's with Leadership who then support military cohorts, AND possible act as hero units leading them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Athos69@Sep 16 2004, 12:24 PM
    Since the entirety of Chapter 1 has not been sanctioned, I'd like to see if we can get a new feat added...

Master of Supply [General]
    Your logistics always have everything organized to the last detail.
    Prerequisites: Master Administrator, Military Genius
    Benefits: You can reduce the overall maintenance of an active army or navy by 25% on a successful Warcraft check against a DC 10 + the active maintenance cost in GB.
    I think this is a good feat. It brings together the aspects of Master admin (requiring 9 ranks of admin) and Warcraft, that would allow a regent like Aeric Boeruine to have a well run and organized military. Now its true that it would make his military significantly cheaper WHEN ACTIVE, but how often is his entire military active?
    To my way of thinking, he would have active units on the border of Rhuobhe. So if those come slightly cheaper by virtue of a great capacity to run his military effectively and manage the resources of his realm effectively together, it makes perfect sense to me.

But for any regent at that level, to make sure they have both those feats and then this one, also gives up a great deal they might get from other feats, for mostly little benefit, except for a short time.
    O hark, O hear! How thin and clear,
    And thinner, clearer, farther going!
    O sweet and far from cliff and scar
    The Horns of Sielwode faintly blowing!

Thread Information