Thread: Hogunmark

Downloads
    Uploads
    h34r: Hello, friends of high level domain ruling!

As I am relatively new to the BR setting, I have some :blink: important :blink: questions to ask:

1. Is there any more information about the White Witch that has taken residence east of Hogunmark?

2. Speaking of FREE BR stuff, is there anything more...?

3. What about the birthright.net download section? - Seems not to work!

4. Any possible hook-ups for a campaign in the far north?

Thanx Ivid

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) For the White Witch, the bulk of her description is in Blood Enemies. If you don't already have it and you're willing to spend five dollars over the internet, it's available at the SVGames site for download.

2) I don't really know how much free stuff you already have, but I link to it all on my links site (http://www.geocities.com/fearless_leader101/links.html).

3) The downloads seem to work fine for me. :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx!

How do I activate email notices of answers to my posts?

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go to the top of the forum and click on the link that says My Controls. One your profile/settings menu has appeared, select E-Mail Settings. You should be able to active e-mail notification there.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Rugor

Question Agent in Giant Downs

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, but I could use the info on the White Witch's agent in the Giant Downs, I remember a little about her but don't remember her specific outlooks or goals.

I accidentaly deleted my GiantDowns PDF file a year or so ago, and only need this snippet of info from it, so if someone could post it on here for me I'd really appreciate it.

thx

Wasn't there an excellent adventure posted some time ago, perhaps a RPGA scenario, for Hogunmark? I believe it was called Four Kings or something, where the White Witch had disguised herself and gotten impregnated by 4 kings, one Anuirean, one Rjurik, one Brecht, and one Khinasi. She gave birth to some kind of blood child and the 4 kings decided to go after her to kill the thing and the awnsheigh.

Downloads
    Uploads

The White Witch and Other Unfriendlies

One strategy I am fond of is to pick a variety of main strategies and assign them to key villains. Some, may be blunt force villains, who assemble resources and deploy them against the party, others will use mysterious methods, still others will have mysterious goals.

The best villains will not be one-note enemies of course, but for the most part I see the White Witch as an enemy whose methods are mysterious. Who are her agents? Everything is concealed and conducted under one front or another. Its ideal for a paranoid arc or campaign where no one can be trusted and even party members might be replaced by agents of the White Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugor
    I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this question, but I could use the info on the White Witch's agent in the Giant Downs, I remember a little about her but don't remember her specific outlooks or goals.

I accidentaly deleted my GiantDowns PDF file a year or so ago, and only need this snippet of info from it, so if someone could post it on here for me I'd really appreciate it.

thx
    Rowena Manspear. She's a 6th level Rjurik Fighter with the Brenna bloodline, major, 22. Her Blood Abilities are Alter appearance (major) and detect lie (minor). She has She is an archer who uses the longbow and took command of the White Witch's forces after the original commander was slain in the invasion. Anything else?

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info hirumatogeru, I'm having some difficulty with my account, I changed my email address and it has -locked-up- my old account -Rugor-

I appreciate your effort... I was hoping there was a bit more about her, if I remember correctly the module somewhere gave some details about her background and current goals.

I could be wrong... going off of memory that is well more than a year old that is likely. I should have just had someone scan me the relevant pages days ago and emailed them to me.

Anyway, if I remember correctly (again doubtful) she was a pretty ruthless character bent on establishing herself (or the White Witch) in the Giant Downs... thats what I was really after, her personality and motivations so I can portray her as is written/canon.

Right now she is nothing more than a vaque rumor to the players... it will be weeks before there is contact between them and her, so there is yet time for this weary GM to get his act together

But thanks again.

Here's her writeup, minus the stat block.

Rowena Manspear possesses a streak of cruelty that belies her pleasant features. Her long, blond hair and pale complexion give her the appearance of a young maiden - until her face twists into a killing sneer that could make a hardened warrior leap back.

Rowena comes from the Realm of the White Witch and learned her trade in the western armies. A talented archer, she trained a large number of the renegade Rjurik in Bjorlangen. When an arrow struck down the original leader of the White Witch's invasion, she took command.

The mercenaries and humanoids who participated in the fall of Bjorlangen follow Rowena for money - and for fear of what she might do to deserters. Rowena always longed for command when she served in the western armies; now that she's obtained her desire, she cannot master it. Rowena cannot control her frightful temper or lust for cruelty long enough to build up a cadre of loyal soldiers.

Still, she surpasses her predecessor in her knowledge and application of tactics. Fewer than two dozen Rjurik have escaped Bjorlangen since its fall, and her army has come together twice to repel sorties from Midjarna and Lemnjohen. Now it looks like the White Witch could hold Bjorlangen indefinately - if Rowena doesn't inspire her mercenaries to desert.

Notes: Currently, Rowena canvasses her units for a good second-in-command. She knows she needs someone to temper her wild rages and to build loyalty among the troops. She doesn't want to give up her control of the army, however, so she wants someone she can intimidate. Rowena has talked occasionally with Magnus, the apparent heir to the Kjarhoelle chieftain, and hopes to use him as leverage against her own enemies.

Thread Information