Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith
Actually I can kinda see Talinie but Tournen I wouldn't place for a newb.I would pick something on the South Coast,Roesone,Aerenwe,or Medeore for example.

But to each his own!!
I would hate to have you DM for me;)!!!
Yes... yes you would. MUWAHHAAAHA!!! :P
No seriously ,I'm not that awful or vindictive. Especially not with new players. Its once you get some experience that the gloves come off... ;)

Tournen isn't bad. You don't have to just maul the PC with the surrounding opponents. Since Ulairi was looking for heavier roleplaying, Tournen provides more than enough opportunity for roleplaying. Its right in the center of the action and offers plenty of ideas (you have the mighty Boeruine and Avan conflict, and awnsheghlien neighbor-Rhoubhe, petty raids from the Five Peaks, a diplomatic challenge with Alamie... ought to keep you busy for months on end!) Its a realm that should provoke easy DM thought and plenty of roleplaying for players hungry to avoid the paperwork side of Birthight.

Roesone would also be a good suggestion. Its one of my favorites for the Southern Coast.
Aerenwe has too many financial problems for a newbie.
Medoere isn't bad, but its a little small for a larger party to follow a single ruler.... but that also depend s on your campaign flavor and DM creativeness!
Coeranys also isn't bad, but you start with a serious financial crunch which is difficult for new players.