Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm planning to post a preview of a small part of the Atlas each week. Last time I posted the current Atlas Table of Contents, and for this week's preview I'm posting the description of the Life and Protection of Avanalae as it currently appears (before editing and proofreading).

Next week I'd like to post something everyone would like to see, so let me know what you'd like to see in the next preview and I'll see if I can't finish that section by next weekend.

Oh, and as this is still a draft version, comments and suggestions for changes are welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is well written, with some hooks to adventure, informative.
    I think you did a good job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was actually Fearless_Leader (aka Chris) who did that particular writeup. I did the formatting and made a few minor changes. Chris has also written several of the realm descriptions, and a few other other organisation description, while I'm doing the rest at the moment. Most of the organisations will look very similar to the LPA though, some have shorter descriptions, while some are considerably longer. At the moment that section takes up about 30 pages in the Atlas, but I'm expecting it to be closer to 50 or 60 by the time it is complete.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooo! Ooo! Do a villain next!

I'd like The Spider's domain - but I think Manslayer, Ghoere, Osoerde or even Stoneface himself would be helpful to people running campaigns at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ghoere is possible, I already have most of the material for that realm done, it just needs editing in places. The Spider is also half complete, but the Gorgon is a long way off because I have a lot of new material to write for him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ghoere would be a superb one.

My own campaign I felt was greatly enhanced by a couple of side adventures in the dark lands of the Adversary as provided by the domain book from bloodsilver.com (.net?). (My main antagonist is Ghoere.)

Plus the position of Ghoere is such that he could quite easily have influence, both political and military, over anywhere in Anuire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ghoere is also the largest (in terms of population) nation in Anuire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would add in the description (or expenses) that the LPA is vassal to Coeranys as it seems to be implied in the Ruins of Empire book (IIRC it says she is a lieutenant to Eluvie Cariele).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Sep 5 2004, 01:00 AM
    Ghoere is possible, I already have most of the material for that realm done, it just needs editing in places.
    Yeah, it only needs some polish by a native speeker :lol:

I did my best, but there still may be some stylistic things, I couldn't manage perfectly
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by The incredible, edible Phil@Jan 13 2005, 02:19 AM
    I would add in the description (or expenses) that the LPA is vassal to Coeranys as it seems to be implied in the Ruins of Empire book (IIRC it says she is a lieutenant to Eluvie Cariele).
    Yes, Medhlorie Haensen is Eluvie's aide and lieutenant and at the same time in charge of one of the large temples. Through LPA Coeranys may be seen as being one of the major players, even if they're not the largest landed realm.

Thread Information