Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just curious. I haven't heard of any new PBEMs being started in a while, is anyone still running/interested in running them or are they dead? Or am I just badly misinformed and there are, in fact, dozens of thriving PBEMs out there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    look around some... search for 'PBEM BR birthright' on google or something. AoS II(Age Of Shadow 2) is accepting players right now i think. just trying to help...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ksaturn@Sep 1 2004, 01:20 PM
    AoS II(Age Of Shadow 2) is accepting players right now i think. just trying to help...
    I doubt that, because I've stopped running AoS2 in January. :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Help out the ignorant newbie, what is a PBEM? Actually, I believe I know what it IS (a simulation of domain turns run by a moderator), but what does the abbreviation stand for? :unsure: If I am wrong on what it is.... let me know that as well.

Thanks,
    Kill 'em all, let the God's sort them out!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand it as Play by E-mail. PBEM
    To each, his own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    www.birthrightonline.com (website)
    http://www.deault.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl (forum of the same game)

PBEM stands for Play By E-Mail

Downloads
    Uploads
    > Just curious. I haven`t heard of any new PBEMs

> being started in a while, is anyone still

> running/interested in running them or are they dead?

> Or am I just badly misinformed and there are, in

> fact, dozens of thriving PBEMs out there? :D

There`s barely any going on at the moment. The few

that exist are listed on my links page

(http://www.geocities.com/fearless_leader101/links.html).

I must admit that I`ve been chomping at the bit to

play in one, as I havn`t been in a domain level pbem

since the beginning of the year.

As for the question of whether anyone is interested in

running them, all I`ll say is... "stay tuned for

updates in the very near future." =)

=====

--Fearless_Leader

Imperial Archive (www.geocities.com/fearless_leader101)

Do you Yahoo!?

Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been trying on-and-off to find a BR PBEM ever since I encountered the setting (a year or two ago) without any success. I might even end up running one myself, but I'm not sure how much work it would entail. The more I play BR, the more crunchy I find the domain actions and warfare rules as they are laid out. I would probably use some kind of simplified, mainly narrative, way of making things work.

Personally I think armies are far too cheap, every game I play in seems to end up with PCs carpeting their realms in forces. I've seen the listed armies of Ghoere get beaten up by a monster army raised by Roesone, which just shouldn't be possible either in setting or mechanics - Ghoere is supposed to be a great power.
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Heh, didn't Ghoere increase its army once it figured out that its neighbors had increased theirs? And Ghoere would be able to raise a larger army than Roesone, more likely.

Just gotta remember to run those nearby NPC realms also, it sucks for the DM, tho it needs to be done in order to make it realistic.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it was Ghoere's army in the field, rather than its defence forces, but even so, it was a very considerable army - many sturdy mercenary units. The Roesone player was a bit of a munchkin, his country was constantly grinding along on the edge of the bankruptcy because he had this huge force mobilised.

Also didn't hurt that the PC was a living engine of army-wielding destruction. Every leadership/warcraft feat and blood ability.

The point is, if there's inflation going on, and it would be stupid for everyone not to increase the size of their armies, then maybe units should be a little more expensive.
    "As soon as war is declared, it will be impossible to hold the poets back. Rhyme is still the most effective drum."

Thread Information