Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I have been perusing the birthright page for quite sometime now, but I believe this is my first post. I am a old BR player from when the campaign setting was first released, but recently I got suckered into running a FR campaign. :blink: However, as that campaign is coming to a close, I will be running a Birthright tabletop game in the Atlanta, Georgia (specifically Lawrenceville) area. It will be more of a RPG to start, with less domain actions and more adventures; however regency will eventually kick in around 6th level. Anybody in the area that might be interested in playing in such a campaign?

As a warning, I plan to "fast-forward" the setting about 200 years, to a point around 750MR and play it kinda like a dark ages setting. The elves will have abandoned Cerilla, and a lot of the Anuirean infrastructure will have collapsed. Very little magic (as in almost none), and even priestly magics will be reduced. I don't want to say to much more, after all, I want to have the ability to change my mind. If any of you have ever read the series of books by George R.R. Martin, that "feel" is what I am aiming for.

Some things will remain the same, however. I will be using the playtest rulebook, and most of the domain actions. Many of the countries you know and love will still be present, as well as the gorgon and his minions. My goal is to have enough differences to be a fresh campaign, with enough similiarities to avoid being alien to native Birthrighters.

I hope to play about twice a month. Anybody from the area interested?
    Kill 'em all, let the God's sort them out!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 08:32 PM 8/30/2004 +0200, Bokey wrote:

>My goal is to have enough differences to be a fresh campaign, with enough

>similiarities to avoid being alien to native Birthrighters.I hope to play

>about twice a month. Anybody from the area interested?

I`m not in the area, but I wanted to commend you for your outline and

overall "strategy" for approaching the BR campaign you`re planning. It

sounds like it`ll be a lot of fun and very interesting. Please post an

update of what happens during play as time permits.

Best of luck,

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like Gary, I can't participate in such a game (even worse than Gary, I am Greek and live in my home-country&#33, but the way you seem to be getting to it is marvelous!

Good luck, and do post what comes to be out of your campaign, please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What they said... yeah...

(EDIT : srry bout that... was groggy)

As a warning, I plan to "fast-forward" the setting about 200 years, to a point around 750MR and play it kinda like a dark ages setting. The elves will have abandoned Cerilla, and a lot of the Anuirean infrastructure will have collapsed. Very little magic (as in almost none), and even priestly magics will be reduced. I don't want to say to much more, after all, I want to have the ability to change my mind. If any of you have ever read the series of books by George R.R. Martin, that "feel" is what I am aiming for.
    While at first i didn't react your post got me to thinking and now i think i'm liking this idea. While i can't participate i belive this looks like it will turn out well if you can get some good players... If you can't find them here you might try the 3rd Edition bullitin Board (3EBB). However there you'd find fewer people interested in birthright i bet.

Thread Information