Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The fractions generally work out ok now. If you keep all the 1/2, 1/4, etc in the expenditure side of things and then keep 1/3, 2/3 in income, there are no problems working them out quickly and easily.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    To represent the increasing production capabilities that larger shipyards should have what if their was a limit on the number of court actions that a shipyard could use. maybe 1 for a level 1-2, 2 for a level 3-4, 3 for a level 5-6 and 4 for a level 7-8.

The reasons ship yards are limited in number of court actions while other builds are not, is because they are the only build which requires construction of production facilities. It seems reasonable that if no ships can be built without a shipyard, then a very small shipyard would be able to build fewer ships than a larger one, no matter the size of the court.

Shipyards could also provide maintenance for ships in port. This reduces thier production capacity though, for every 1/2 GB (rounding down) of ships which are maintained free of cost the shipyard counts as 1 level lower in terms of number of court actions which could be used.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To represent the increasing production capabilities that larger shipyards should have what if their was a limit on the number of court actions that a shipyard could use. maybe 1 for a level 1-2, 2 for a level 3-4, 3 for a level 5-6 and 4 for a level 7-8.
    And 5 for a level 9-10 I hope.

Ya' know, at first I thought this seemed too restrictive, but the more I do the math the better I like it - large shipyards with large courts behind them could still put in significant resources and crank out ships in a hurry, but small yards can only putter along steadily... I like it.

Shipyards could also provide maintenance for ships in port. This reduces thier production capacity though, for every 1/2 GB (rounding down) of ships which are maintained free of cost the shipyard counts as 1 level lower in terms of number of court actions which could be used.
    I think providing routine maintenance for ships wouldn't seriously tie up a shipyard's facilities, so long as they weren't overburdened. I think the ability to routinely maintenance 1/2 GB worth of ship maintenance per level of the yards seems reasonable to me as an additional advantage of larger shipyards. These are high-maintenance structures, so giving them "an additional power" seems in-line with keeoing them game-balanced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Folks,
    I'm posting here to bring to everyone's attention where the original thread discussing shipyard costs and maintenance was found. Read over the stuff in here to get a better sense of what has already been thrown around.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Osprey I knew I could count on you to find the discussion. All right so instead of early last summer it was late last summer. I was close. I have mentioned that old thing before right

Wasn't there something else about building shipyards higher than the province level but at increased cost/maintenance?

Overall this discussion was pretty good and kept things in perspective. The 2nd ed material had a limited number of galleons and Zebecs available IIRC.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information