Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the thread for discussing Chap 9 of the brcs.

Here is the word file:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out your mail, Irdeggman, OK?

And why are the dragon DRs unchanged? <_<

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of the BRCS download chapters are just Word versions of the original 3. 0 BRCS, so don&#39;t expect any 3.5 revisions to be contained therein.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Irdeggman, should I post the file I sent you? I think its highly relevant...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by RaspK_FOG@Aug 15 2004, 06:13 AM
    Irdeggman, should I post the file I send you? I think its highly relevant...
    Yes,

I think it adds directly to the discussion - and this is the right place to talk about it.

Osprey got it right all of these, unless otherwise specified are just word versions of the BRCS-playtest that was put out over a year ago (and was 3.0). These were designed to give people something to work with when Ian and I go on break. (just trying to be helpful).

Here is the file that RaspK_FOG was referring to. (A write up of Cerilian dragons in 3.5 with some additions).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Danke, Irdeggman&#33;

OK, now, this is it: I need help with the CRs and SR; I know that I could go with a quick check-through using MM and Draconomicon, but I feel this needs a bit more work, and I honestly have not found a pattern that accurately governs draconic SR, unless I somehow missed it...

Regarding SR, like most other abilities, I would be glad if you could check it over with other species, comparing age and size categories with the corresponding values. For the sake of simplicity, I believe it is important to tell you I only changed the flight speed and manoeuverability entries in age categories from Old to Great Wyrm; anything else remained unchanged, since they seem cool to me and nobody has made any complaints so far...

What I basically did was fill in the gaps; however, CRs and have no pattern to be followed, so I am clueless. Furthermore, as far as I recall, no mention of acid and fire immunity is mentioned in the BRCS book, but that seems obsolete; here is a quote from the Dragon, True monstrous entry (taken directly from the SRD):
    Immunities (Ex): All dragons have immunity to sleep and paralysis effects. Each variety of dragon has immunity to one or two additional forms of attack no matter what its age, as given in its description.

Downloads
    Uploads
    <_< Great, one post of mine and people flee like cattle...

No comments already?&#33;

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mooooooooo&#33;

Sorry, I had to say it.
    To each, his own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I second lord arioch&#39;s coment, and think more focus should be put on converting various types of battle-cattle for the BRCS

Personally I don&#39;t think the dragon section has to be so elaborate, or a lot of work put into it. Personally I tend to modify all unique monsters, like dragons, to the extent that the original monster writeup does not have much of an impact. Just keep it simple and as straight a conversion as possible. Skip the energy immunity, that can be added according to the DMs tastes for the relevant dragon. If it is decided to keep it I think fire and acid a good choice, being perhaps the most stereotypical dragon breath.

CR is notoriously difficult to accurately determine, and I&#39;ve found that play testing is the only way to do it for the higher CR monsters. It should be possible to find a dragon that is similar enough for a CR to be extrapolated though.

SR is a bit of a sore spot for me whne it comes to D&D dragons. They generally only have a SR around CR + 6, which means that a equivalently leveled wizard with Spell Penetration is almost guaranteed to get past the SR. I would suggest increasing this to at least CR +10, or even a point or two higher to portray the dragons as highly magical creatures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My oh-so-beautiful scheme worked: my fmost ineffable monster, the Cattle, War will be included in Birthright Campaign Setting for D&D Revised 3rd Edition&#33; :lol:

Seriously, now, even though I&#39;ve heard the same thing even from my friends, I do believe that core rule-books are important for 2 reasons:
    • for providing the basis upon which any DM can start building things up, and
    • as an inspiration upon which more will come to pass.
    I have to say I left 2 secondary reasons (well, to some of you, at least) for the end:
    • for my own reasons [*evil_smile.jpg*]
    • to help rules-lawyers relax, so that we can all pray on them easier... err, you know what I mean, right?

I agree with you when it comes to CRs, so I&#39;ll see what I can come up with...

As for SR, the "correct" SR from 2e to 3.×e is equal to:
    Spell Resistance = Magic Resistance / 5 + 11

Any ideas on this matter?

Thread Information