Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have thought that the only sections of chapter 4 that were important for character creation were tables 4-1 to 4-3 and table 4-7, the rest is setting material. Oh and I did consider moving chapter 9 as well, specifically the first couple of pages.

Of course, I didn't mean it needed to be done right away as the Atlas isn't out yet, but when it is, and both books are available to player's and DMs alike, there is no reason why it can't be done. Either that or have a double up of material in places.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have thought that the only sections of chapter 4 that were important for character creation were tables 4-1 to 4-3 and table 4-7, the rest is setting material. Oh and I did consider moving chapter 9 as well, specifically the first couple of pages.

Of course, I didn't mean it needed to be done right away as the Atlas isn't out yet, but when it is, and both books are available to player's and DMs alike, there is no reason why it can't be done. Either that or have a double up of material in places.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I think that information on deities should be given as a separate subsection of Chapter 4 or Chapter 2, including domains right before the Cleric Spell List in Chapter 4, and adding a deity entry in the cleric section, just like how it's done in the PHB; the subsection would include minimal information on deities, again as done in the PHB.

Chapter 9 should move to the Atlas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by RaspK_FOG@Aug 30 2004, 09:42 AM
    Actually, I think that information on deities should be given as a separate subsection of Chapter 4 or Chapter 2, including domains right before the Cleric Spell List in Chapter 4, and adding a deity entry in the cleric section, just like how it's done in the PHB; the subsection would include minimal information on deities, again as done in the PHB.
    This is how it is done in most of the Campaign Settings I've bought (All right, I'll own up, I've only bought FR and Eberron, but both have it this way). You include basic character diety selection information in the class section (table 4-7 from chapter 4) and then chuck the rest in a seperate chapter with the setting material, as most players don't need to refer to it much.

Chapter 9 should probably also go in the Atlas, but the prestige class section from the Atlas should also be moved into the Rulebook as that is needed for character creation (if only to allow new players to make choices so they can take those prestige classes later on).

Rulebook = Rules for character creation and running a BR campaign.
    Atlas = The setting.

Obvious they would be some debate about what is what, but IMO background information on the gods is setting, cosmology is setting, and the calander is setting. The rest of chapter 4 (which isn't much, just those tables I mentioned) is rules and character creation material.

As we are talking about a revision of the entire BRCS here, I have no problem at all carving up that chapter, or even inserting an new chapter on prestige classes. There is also no reason why we can't trim some sections of the rules and expand others if it makes the BRCS a better product in the end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, put up the whole lot of information on deities on the Atlas (forgot to mention it on my previous post).

Thread Information