Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the thread for discussing Chap 4, gods and religion.

Here is the Word version of the brcs-playtest.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Duane Eggert

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll take the lack of comments on this chapter to mean that everyone is happy with it?

I do have one comment, one I've raised previously, and that is the section on the Cerilian Calander that seems really out of place in the chapter on religion IMO. Of course, there is no really good place to fit it into the BRCS, which is why it ended up in the god's chapter.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, I think the Clerical domains need a once-over (old nagging feeling that I can't place atm), I'm just focused on Chapter 5 right now...

But yeah, for the most part Ch 5 is fine since most of it, being the Deities' descriptions are pretty direct translations from 2e.

I think that nagging maybe from those others posting about adding some domains to the dwarven god.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...which I retract in the light of peoples' comments and some 'deep' thinking on the subject...

Seriously, the only change I can thing of is deleting the info on teh OIT, IHH and HA. Since those organizations are going to be detailled in the Atlas, do we need to cover them here in the BRCS?
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raesene Andu schrieb:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...ST&f=36&t=2790

>

> Raesene Andu wrote:

> I`ll take the lack of comments on this chapter to mean that everyone is happy with it?I do have one comment, one I`ve raised previously, and that is the section on the Cerilian Calander that seems really out of place in the chapter on religion IMO. Of course, there is no really good place to fit it into the BRCS, which is why it ended up in the god`s chapter.

>

The Calendar fits perfectly into religion. Not only because a pope

worked on our own calendar, but because an important part of the life in

old times would be the church celebrations and holy days. Days of

fasting or whatever rites are required.

bye

Michael

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is going to stay then it should be moved towards the end of the chapter (perhaps just before the cosmology section.) It does not fit where it currently is, it looks really out of place to me, as you go from a talking about patron deities etc into the calander, and then back onto deities again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm...

If it was up to me I'd rip this entire chapter out of the BRCS and transplant it into the Atlas of Cerilia, and then move the Prestige Classes from the Atlas into the Rulebook, making them chapter 3, and make the chapter on magic, chapter 4. It would work better that way around, keeping all the rules-specific material in the Rulebook and all the setting-specific in the Atlas.

That is logical.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads

If it was up to me I'd rip this entire chapter out of the BRCS and transplant it into the Atlas of Cerilia, and then move the Prestige Classes from the Atlas into the Rulebook, making them chapter 3, and make the chapter on magic, chapter 4. It would work better that way around, keeping all the rules-specific material in the Rulebook and all the setting-specific in the Atlas.
    Except that the writeups for the deities are pretty core to any player running a Cleric PC. It is inevitable that the most core/basic setting material should be included in the Rulebook, because players need that info to develop anything more than a set of statistics. Trying to place ALL setting material only in the atlas is an overly-artificial seperation IMO. I think the rulebook should have enough setting material so that any player can make a decently fleshed-out PC. The Atlas, otoh, should be more of a DM's reference guide to filling the world with NPC's, organizations, realms, and monsters. I'd much sooner transplant the Bestiary (Ch 9?) from the BRCS to the atlas than I would the section on Religion.

Thread Information