Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, I wanna say hello to everyone. I finally found my way to this forum. I just had a few minutes yet to look around but I bookmarked this page immediately. The things I saw here were quite fantastic. You do a great job here. I will definately come back again and again.

Since I want to do a Birthright campagin in my roleplay group, I have a major question. There is one point, I do not understand.

Who gets Regency Points for starting actions in the domain phases?
    Do only get real regents with domains and provinces RP and actions?
    Or do other owners of guilds, temples tec. RP and actions to spend aswell? If they do not get Actions to spend, how do they increase their holdings?

The point is, if onl owners of domains and provinces get RP and Actions, the domain phases are quite more faster to play as if I have to think of actions and RP for the guild, temple-owners aswell.

I hope my problem is clear. I tried to find out with the rulebook but I did not find a real satisfying conclusion.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Patrick aka Drachenfurz

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am assuming you are playing 2nd ed instead of 3/3.5.

A character gains RP based on his domain. What constitutes a domain is spelled out on pg 33 of the BRRB (Birthright rulebook).

RP gains are specified on pg 37 of the BRRB (under Gaining Regency)

There is a table (Table 14) on pg 41 that specifies how much RP a regent gains for holdings (and provinces) based on class.

Only blooded individuals gain regency (see pg 30 under regency).

Now if I've read your intention incorrectly and you are using the BRCS (3/3.5) then the answer is slightly different.

See pg 95 under regency collection "Unblooded regents cannot colect regency from their holdings." Instead of a breakdown by class for RP collectionthere is a table based on ranks in key skills. This is a percentage of the max possible RP colelction for holding type (always equal to it level) and the bloodline score value of the regent (which determines the maximum possible he can collect regardless of the level of holdings he has). Use the sanctioned Chap 2 instead of the one included in the BRCS-playtest for details on bloodline score and maz RP collection.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you understood my question correctly. I use to play 2nd Edition instead of 3/3.5.
    Thanks for the quick reply. My questions are completely answered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sanctioned version? forgive my ignorance but... please elaborate or link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Ksaturn@Aug 19 2004, 08:40 AM
    sanctioned version? forgive my ignorance but... please elaborate or link.
    Check the frequently asked questions (pinned) thread under the BRCS playtest discussion. The item under Chap 2 gives a link to the 'sanctioned' version of Chap 2.

To recap, the BRCS-playtest was put out over a year ago. It has been under ongoing discussion and revision (also to update to 3.5). The plan is to sanction a Chap at a time.

So far Chap 2 has been sanctioned. This is a revised version that should not be confused with what was in the BRCS-playtest.

Also the races and classes (other than noble and magician) portions of Chapter 1 have been sanctioned. You'll have to check the various poll threads to get those versions. I'll post a comment on that to the FAQ thread with the appropriate link.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information