Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy!

I'm just starting my first Birthright campaign--still reading the rules as well. Sorry for the newb question, but is there a Birthright names resource out there? Or, is there a chart noting Birthright regional names to Earh-like names?

Cheers,

Johnn

Downloads
    Uploads
    As it has been noted elsewhere, Anuirean names are western european in origin, Vos are russian, Rjurik are celtic, Khinasi are arabic, and Brecht are dutch. Note that the word "origin" is being used rather liberally in this case...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't lay my hands on it right now, but wasn't there a card sheet with the original box set that had male and female names for the different human regions?
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup. It also had suggested names for the elves...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, the Rjurik names are mostly Norse, as they needed the Gaelic names for the Sidhelien (elves).

The Anuirean names are a blend of western european and invented fantasy names. Anuirean was the only language that they put some work into constructing as its own language, though the prolific "ie" and "ae" in nearly every dang name can get a bit dizzying for many people...my players complain frequently about how confusingly similar the names of people and places in Anuire are. :lol:

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Osprey@Aug 8 2004, 07:45 AM
    Actually, the Rjurik names are mostly Norse, as they needed the Gaelic names for the Sidhelien (elves).
    Duh&#33; I think I really made it this time... <_<

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is of course the name card that comes in the boxed set. There&#39;s also this website on my links site (http://www.gaminggeeks.org/Resources/KateMonk/) which contains an extensive dictionary of names.

Thread Information