Thread: Cold Rider

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanting to continue on the Cold Rider, but not for the BRCS I opened this topic under the Royal Library.

Even though Rich Baker has given the thoughts on the Cold Rider, some must have come up with other ideas for this 'mysterious' Demigod.

I just started a new BR campaign and I'm still orienting on the Cold Rider, Azrai and other (dead)Gods.

I was thinking about the Cold Rider as a new Demigod that has captured the most important essence/soul of Azrai (somehow). He has it imprisoned somewhere, whether in a classic glass ball or in a weapon or other possibilites is not really the issue at the moment.

There are multiple options at this point.

1 He draws a part of his powers from this essence and slowly Azrai takes over (basically the classic solution)

2 He draws from the essence in such small quantities that he is actually breaking down Azrai's soul into tiny small fragments. This makes it interesting to 'release' the essence/soul while it is extremely broken or maybe even lacking a true identity. Rampaging.......

3 He keeps the essence and doesn't touch it and now has a very important 'bagaining item'.

4 He keeps the essence/soul and somehow tries to absorb it's knowledge, without risking to be overtaken by Azrai.

Anyway, Cold Rider is still something I have to think about.

My questions is, what other description/roles/solutions are there out there about the Cold Rider besides the given (obvious ) solution.
    Or any other comments/thoughts on the issue.

Dark Serenity
    <span style='font-family:Times'>“God is becoming bitter, he envies man his mortality.”</span>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here&#39;s a few options:

1. The Cold Rider is the first being, coupled with Long Life ability, to achieve a blood line strength to attain divinity. It is what the Gorgon wishes to be, perhaps.

2. The Rider is an outsider who attained a bloodline. It can&#39;t interact physically with the material world because of its nature.

3. The Rider is one of the Lost, still stuck in the Shadow World. Waiting desperately for its escape, like the Raven and the Magian, or the Lich.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I Had once an adventure where my players had to stop the rebirth of Azrai&#33;&#33;&#33; Stop the uniting of Cold Rider (Embodiment of Azrai evil,The Azrais will) and The apocalypse (His last and first breath). How about that&#33;
    One of my two favorite topics is Cold Rider&#33;
    I am support the theory that Azrai tricked the other gods and didn’t been destroyed totally (- in book on Astral Plain all dead Cerilian gods are there except Azrai <_< ) but projected one part himself in shadow world becoming the Cold Rider. I think of Cold Rider as young Azrai but not totally aware of his past.

The Face of Azrai :angry:
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which is what the "canon" was supposed to represent. Or a variant thereof.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my campaign, the cold rider is the child of Belinik and Kreisha and the players are the chosen of the other gods trying to stop him manifesting through the body of Gavin Tael.

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when you meation the astrel plains with the dead BR gods witch book wes it in?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is reason enough for Azrai not being listed; for more information, though this is a spoiler to some extent and should be treated accordingly, there is a file regarding the Shadow World on this very site sent by Richard Baker. Remember that the Astral plane was the interdimentional dumping station of AD&D 2e, since even dead deities and used tomes ended up there...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by marcum uth mather@Aug 11 2004, 12:44 AM
    when you meation the astrel plains with the dead BR gods witch book wes it in?
    While I don&#39;t have the book myself, I have been told it is in the Planescape supplement " A Guide to the Astral Plane"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "A Guide to the Astral Plane" is the name of the book
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Thread Information