Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that's not properly called a symbol in English, still I don't know the proper word.

Anyway, I was looking for one, does anyone know where I could get it? Thanks!

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few images around, but for some reason I can only find one this morning. I've attached a copy to this message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It wouldn't be difficult to find more images like this though, just do a search on google for double-headed eagles and coats of arms. It seems that half of europe used similar symbols at one time or another. There seems to be a decided lack of originality in designing coat of arms in europe all round....

Compare that to te Australian coat of arms, very original indeed....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Er... sorry, I meant the Anuirean one, rather than a generic double-headed eagle :huh:

Not sure that I see the originality in the Australian coat of arms. Typical crosses, lions, swan, crown, hawk, etc. seen so often in Europeon arms. While the kangaroo and ostrich (emu?) is different surely the Europeons were unaware of these beasts in the 1300s. Artistic coat of arms no doubt, but original?

The tree supporting the ostrich and kangaroo is indeed beautiful but I would think of a more modern period than the dark ages or renaissance. Not a fair comparison.

Heraldry, I believe, was born of the simple necessity of being able to tell foe from friend. In the beginning quite simple as no devices were recorded. Of course they became more elaborate as time progressed to distinguish the vast array of applicants. Therefore a simple device might be more prestigious as it obviously has an early origin.

It there any project currently ongoing to define the heraldry of Anuire?
    Crossfell

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahem... Why would the anuirean double-headed eagle carry an orb with a cross (usually meant to symbolize the rule of Christianity)? Has the Christian god arrived in Cerilia?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read previous comments: this is not the Anuirean coat-of-arms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No its, the old Austrian coat of arms (current one has just the one head I believe). Its the only image I could find that look Anuirean enough. If you look around you can find a lot more that are closer, I don't have a scan of the actual image though.

Thread Information