Did I do this right, Am I nut's. In the middle of the goblin territory of the The Five Peaks lay in ruins of a party broken a bloody battle between seven adventures and tweenty goblins. After 6 of the seven party members are knocked out and unconcience and twenty goblins later, one character, Arbatos 3rd Rjuirvik Fighter of Andvairias blood tried to save his party. He ended up failing his Heal check to save his dying comrade. Killing him.

But the next person he tried to save, a npc character named Ketti Halloravan was dying slowly. A simple roll of a die became a one. Not knowing quite what to do I ask my player Arbatos to roll that d20. 20. Taking what I know of medival healing, using a knife or dagger was common in healing when removing bad blood. (Plus Ketti was prone, on the ground with negative 3 hit points) With no other choice I depicted roll into bloodthieft. Arbatos in the regents heart.
Arbatos absorbed the minor bloodline of Anduiras for the noble knight.

Now the question I have is did I handle this right as a Dm, What what you've have done diffently if you where in this twisted, humerous.( yes we were all laughing at the situation) experiance?

Let me know
First Horseman :blink: