Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    tduexx@students.aabc.d
    Guest

    SV: Priest of Moradin

    > Hmm, superoverextrapoweredpowered pirests from FR versus some little
    > powers bestowed tby gods in Aebrynis, mentioning only Avani''s paladins
    > with magic resistance...
    > Beside this - take in account that Moradin and his company has very few
    > followers to watch for - and even they are in constant danger of
    > extinction. I agree that Moradin gives many powers/spheres/abilities - but
    > he demands from his priests even more ...
    > And if you don't like it - don't use it. Take some other priest from
    > Priest's Handbook (war, crafts, strength - or god of dwarven race) or make
    > your own specialty priest with Spells&Magic (NOT with Skilss&Powers) - and
    > use your creation instead. We all know that we will never have two
    > identical campaigns under two different DMs :-)
    >
    > Duatha, ex-boss of Extermitation of Dwarves Club
    >
    Besides, using the rules from Spells & Magic, it will become appearant that
    a dwavren priest who chooses to follow Moradin, will have not points left to
    buy extra abilities.

    Average cost for the priests in Birthright is around 100 points as far as I
    remember (I calculated them). Moradin is worth around 160 points!

    So, if you decide that Moradin is just too tough, put in a few more
    restrictions, personally, I feel that although tough, and access to spheres
    are greater than any other, priests of Moradin can still cast only 1 spell
    per round...

    Thomas

  2. #2
    Pieter A de Jong
    Guest

    SV: Priest of Moradin

    At 01:42 PM 6/16/98 +0200, Thomas wrote:
    >> Hmm, superoverextrapoweredpowered pirests from FR versus some little
    >> powers bestowed tby gods in Aebrynis, mentioning only Avani''s paladins
    >> with magic resistance...
    >> Beside this - take in account that Moradin and his company has very few
    >> followers to watch for - and even they are in constant danger of
    >> extinction. I agree that Moradin gives many powers/spheres/abilities - but
    >> he demands from his priests even more ...
    >> And if you don't like it - don't use it. Take some other priest from
    >> Priest's Handbook (war, crafts, strength - or god of dwarven race) or make
    >> your own specialty priest with Spells&Magic (NOT with Skilss&Powers) - and
    >> use your creation instead. We all know that we will never have two
    >> identical campaigns under two different DMs :-)
    >>
    >> Duatha, ex-boss of Extermitation of Dwarves Club
    >>
    >Besides, using the rules from Spells & Magic, it will become appearant that
    >a dwavren priest who chooses to follow Moradin, will have not points left to
    >buy extra abilities.
    >
    >Average cost for the priests in Birthright is around 100 points as far as I
    >remember (I calculated them). Moradin is worth around 160 points!
    >
    >So, if you decide that Moradin is just too tough, put in a few more
    >restrictions, personally, I feel that although tough, and access to spheres
    >are greater than any other, priests of Moradin can still cast only 1 spell
    >per round...
    >
    > Thomas
    >************************************************* **************************
    It should also be noted that in Birthright, to all published knowledge, the
    dwarves are Monotheistic, whorshipping only Moradin. This means that his
    priests have to be able to handle all areas of responsibility that have
    bearing on the Dwarven race, from war, to craftsdwarfship, to the birth of
    dwarven children.

    Pieter A de Jong
    Graduate Mechanical Engineering Student
    University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada

  3. #3
    Phil Burge
    Guest

    SV: Priest of Moradin

    Pieter A de Jong wrote:

    >
    > It should also be noted that in Birthright, to all published knowledge, the
    > dwarves are Monotheistic, whorshipping only Moradin. This means that his
    > priests have to be able to handle all areas of responsibility that have
    > bearing on the Dwarven race, from war, to craftsdwarfship, to the birth of
    > dwarven children.
    >

  4. #4
    Pieter A de Jong
    Guest

    SV: Priest of Moradin

    At 09:27 AM 6/17/98 +1200, Phil wrote:
    >
    >
    >Pieter A de Jong wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> It should also be noted that in Birthright, to all published knowledge, the
    >> dwarves are Monotheistic, whorshipping only Moradin. This means that his
    >> priests have to be able to handle all areas of responsibility that have
    >> bearing on the Dwarven race, from war, to craftsdwarfship, to the birth of
    >> dwarven children.
    >>

  5. #5
    Phil Burge
    Guest

    SV: Priest of Moradin

    Pieter A de Jong wrote:

    >
    > >
    > This is a nice little refrence but1) the actual birthright books provide
    > details for only 1 dwarven gods priests (Moradin) and 2)In any of the
    > published dwarven realms is a their a dwarven religious presence that is not
    > dedicated to Moradin? I cannot recall having seen one (ie no temple holdings
    > to anything but Moradin)
    >

  6. #6
    MANTA
    Guest

    SV: Priest of Moradin

    > >
    > >In the BR rule book it actually says
    > >
    > >"The Monster Mythology accessory (DMGR4) provides useful information
    about the
    > >Dwarven PANTHEON and is suitable for Cerila...."
    > >
    > >It also says under the Kartathok heading
    > >
    > >"Kartathok is the lord and patron of goblin-kind in Cerilia, and like
    MORADIN,
    > >he is the head on an entire PANTHEON of goblin gods (I actually assume
    he
    > is the
    > >head of a pantheon of Dwarvish gods but you get my point) ..."
    > >
    > >So we can assume therefore, that Moradin is not the only BR dwarf god.
    > >
    > >Phil.
    > >
    > This is a nice little refrence but1) the actual birthright books provide
    > details for only 1 dwarven gods priests (Moradin) and 2)In any of the
    > published dwarven realms is a their a dwarven religious presence that is
    not
    > dedicated to Moradin? I cannot recall having seen one (ie no temple
    holdings
    > to anything but Moradin)message.

    Remember that the dwarven gods are organized in a pantheon. Unlike human
    temples dwarven temples are dedicated to the whole pantheon and being
    Moradin the big cheese, the temples take it┬┤s name or one related to Him.

    MANTA
    ip209007@ip.pt

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Moradin
    By Sorontar in forum Main
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 05:59 AM
  2. SV: Priest of Moradin - how about
    By tduexx@students.aabc.d in forum MPGN Mailinglist archive 1996-1999
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-1998, 11:38 AM
  3. Priest of Moradin - how about elves
    By =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Grzegorz_ in forum MPGN Mailinglist archive 1996-1999
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-1998, 09:52 AM
  4. RE: Priest of Moradin
    By =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Grzegorz_ in forum MPGN Mailinglist archive 1996-1999
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-1998, 09:48 AM
  5. Priest of Moradin
    By pwrobel@colba.ne in forum MPGN Mailinglist archive 1996-1999
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-1998, 09:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BIRTHRIGHT, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, D&D, the BIRTHRIGHT logo, and the D&D logo are trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and are used by permission. ę2002-2010 Wizards of the Coast, Inc.