Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've decided to start up a new adventure based pbem game set in Aduria. It will be based on the information Rich Baker created for Aduria, but with my own extensive embelishments. I've actually been running a campaign set in the region, so many of the location and adventure sites have been play tested previously with my own gaming group.

Anyway, players will begin as 3rd level characters (may choose to be scions or not, but using level adjustments and scion classes as set out in latest version of chapt 2). The current version of the BRCS, and the D&D 3.5 core rulebooks should be used for all character creations, and nothing from any other sources (because I don't have most of the other d20 and D&D books). Players start with 1000gp of standard equipment, with no magical items allowed.

The game will run via e-mail, and I'll accept a maximum of 4 players and would prefer people who are able to post once/day (or more if I'm online at the time). I'll post more about how I will run battles and the like after player's are accepted, but for those who are familiar with the College of Sorcery pbem I ran a while ago, it will be similar to that.

As a quick background to this pbem, the PCs have been hired by a nobleman named Parniel Fieren, the head of a powerful merchant family with significant holdings in northern Aduria, especially the land of Lurech. The PC will act as bodyguards for Parniel's nephew Caele, who is going to head up a trading expedition to Lurech (to prove himself to his uncle, although Parniel does not say this outright) and will be hired for the duration of the voyage and then be free to pursue their own interests until the return voyage. I have a quite

If you are interested in a pbem like this, then e-mail me a short description of your planned character with some background (no need to do a full description until you are accepting into the game). In effect, your character is being interviewed by Parniel and he will only accept those he thinks are worthy of acting as his nephews bodyguards.

My e-mail is hoss@chariot.net.au in case anyone doesn't know by now.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ian, sounds like a wonderful opportunity. If I hadn't just (this past Sunday) completed playing in a play-by-post game (see the following link for the game, the finale and epiloges should be posted this week) I'd be all over that.

http://www.tequilastarrise.net/modules.php...mdisplay&fid=24

The game was supposed to be a single adventure that was to last 3 months (real time), when in reality it took us a year to finish.

It was an Alternity - Star*Drive campaign, while not D&D or Birthright, it was the other setting that Rich Baker helped create so there is a connection, albeit thin.

I would encourage anyone thinking of running an on-line adventure style game to read this one to see how Neil Spicer (the GM) ran things. It takes a whole lot of commitment by the GM and players to make such a thing work.

The basic format was to have posts during the week and an on-line chat session once a week to give some more realistic character interface.

The GM inserted a lot of cut scenes to advance the storyline for the readers.

Let me back step some here, the design was to be a story that could be read which determined how it was runand pieced together.

This story-line format is very conducive with the style that 3.5 promotes, i.e., scene-based adventures.

For comparison there is another play-by-post game shown in an adjacent thread and it can be looked at to see the difference between what is probably the 'norm' and a story-based game (The Verge of Extinction).
    By the way my PC was Evan Dunleavy the Diplomat (Mindwalker).

Good luck Ian, I wish I had the time to throw my hat in the ring for your game.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are still places available for players if anyone is interested in joining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I now have enough player for this game. I'll let everyone know if any slots open up in the future.

Thread Information