Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My plans

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright I've said in some posts before that I really need to take a break from this project. Basically I've probably spent the better part of the last 3 yrs straight working on it. From the writing portion, to the commenting/resolving/addressing questions phase, to the actual revision/polls/etc.

I don't want to take a break with too many things outstanding so this is what I think can be accomplished before I take a leave of absence from actively working. I'll still check in occasionally but won't be posting as frequently or actually writing anything for the BRCS.

(1) Chap 2 is done and sanctioned, except for the bloodform and bloodtrait abilities.

(2) I posted an awnshegh transformation using the UA bloodlines as guide. I haven't seen any negative comments since I posted the 'real' version and not the original concept I worked up. So maybe I'll post that for a sanctioning vote. We can then insert that into the Monsters section and it will determine what bloodform blood ability does. I know that fiftyone has used it to pretty good success on the Spider and since he is doing a lot of the awnshegh write ups for the Atlas that helps.

(3) Ershegh transformation write up needs to be done. Probably after I get back from my break, I imagine. Their transformation can't really be the same as that of the awnshegh, IMO, because they are 'less powerful' and should be different. Probably using the same type of UA bloodlines guideline without the major benes and LA thrown in, or something like that.

(4) What I want to do with Chap 1 is to set it up for partial sanctioning, pretty much the classes and races are finished. Waiting the outcome of the historical reference for Brecht and Khinasi and it should be ready, IMO.

(5) Except for the magician class, the classes are pretty much done. IMO the magician class won't be in any place close to completion before I break. There is just too much disparity in how people think the class should be to reach a ready state for progress, IMO.

(6) The skills and feats are pretty close too. I'll put in Osprey's write up for master level feats. I haven't really seen any other discussion of significant note to change my opinion on the state of skills and feats.

(7) The rest of the chap can wait.

So pretty soon I'll be posting for 'final' comment Chap 1. Noting that only the races, classes and skills/feats sections are going to be sanctioned. Then I'll post it for a 'partial' sanctioning vote.

I'd really like to go on break within a week or two and that is my goal.

Don't worry I will be back, I just need to recharge and get a fresh perspective on things. I'm starting to get too deeply involved to keep an objective view, at least IMO. I also haven't been satisfied with the tone of some of the comments I've made. They have been at the very least border line rude, IMO, and I need to reset myself in this regard.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 10:42 PM 6/30/2004 +0200, irdeggman wrote:

>I will be back, I just need to recharge and get a fresh perspective on things.

Best of luck. Enjoy your "time off" as it were. (I recommend Hawaii, BTW,

though the Caribbean is also nice....)

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by geeman@Jun 30 2004, 04:30 PM
    At 10:42 PM 6/30/2004 +0200, irdeggman wrote:

>I will be back, I just need to recharge and get a fresh perspective on things.

Best of luck. Enjoy your "time off" as it were. (I recommend Hawaii, BTW,

though the Caribbean is also nice....)

Gary
    I wish. More like doing some personal writing and fixing up of the house.

I do live in Virginia Beach, so waterfront escapades are the norm. Even though I'd love a business trip to Hawaii
    Duane Eggert

Have fun

Heheh, as for a business trip to Hawaii... what about expanding the company interests into Hawaii or Japan via Hawaii... heheh.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    everybody need break at a time
    Regenere your soul ( Hawaii is a good idea lol )
    ...and come back us after that

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only trouble with Hawaii at the moment is that there is an Australian TV morning program shooting over there at the moment, don't want to run into those guys.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Jun 30 2004, 08:26 PM
    Have fun

Heheh, as for a business trip to Hawaii... what about expanding the company interests into Hawaii or Japan via Hawaii... heheh.
    Hmmm let's see I work for the US Department of Defense at Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Virginia. There are 'trips' to other shipyards (like Pearl Harbor :P ) although in 22 years I've only managed to go to Charleston SC (before they closed tht shipyard) and Puget Sound (in Washington State, near Seattle) twoce. It really ticked me off that both trips to Washington didn't allow me any time to visit WotC in Seattle. I wanna go to Mecca

Heck I haven't even managed to get to GenCon (and I'm from Michigan) and I have friends that go there on Business (Avalanche Press) - I really want to get there, if only to see some people that I've been posting with over the years.

Oh well it is always good to have dreams. :blink:
    Duane Eggert

heh, yeah. Would need to get chummy with an admiral or something to go inspect the ship yards in Pearl Harbor, and make sure they are up to date, or see if they do things differently there that may improve your teams performance.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Jul 1 2004, 11:39 AM
    heh, yeah. Would need to get chummy with an admiral or something to go inspect the ship yards in Pearl Harbor, and make sure they are up to date, or see if they do things differently there that may improve your teams performance.
    Actually they need to learn from us. So an instructional tour would work.
    Duane Eggert

There ya go

Thread Information