Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm using the playtest rulebook and I think the following rule would be a good one to use.

A castle's upkeep is 2/3 GB x level and a palace is 1/2 GB x level and 2/3 of your court cost can go towards one castle or palace.

For example, a castle of level 6 would be 4GB to keep. A splendid court of 6GBs is a total of 10GB.
    But if that castle is where the domain court is, this would save 4GB in cost for a total of only 6GB.

This savings can only apply to one structure, the one that the domain court is hosted in.

This rule would give a domain a discount on ONE castle or palace so it would help smaller domains more than large domains. Any suggestions or comments?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, but I am of the opinion that upkeep costs need to go up, not down. AND, there is a strong difference between a castle (a defensible structure) and a palace, which is not... try defending the summer palaces of the old monarchies in Europe, as compared to their fortresses!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read up on how a palace affects your effective court level and this is the link between the two I was looking for.

You can apply a palace but not a castle towards your court level, that makes sense.

Sorry, but I am of the opinion that upkeep costs need to go up, not down.
    Heheh, well just wait, when they get more land and holdings, they will need to protect it so they should increase their army, and if they dont then do a couple small raids on em and they will quickly, heheh.

If its not going up fast enough for your liking, have them build some wonders, heh, that always raises the expenses quick... For some wonders that could entice your PCs to want to build them check here: Southern Alliance

I've built many of them, the most expensive one is the War Academy... cause you just want to build those super elite units, to protect yourself... though they are damn expensive.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Thread Information