View Poll Results: What is the historical basis of the Khinasi?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arabian

12 52.17%
  • Egyptian

0 0%
  • Persian

1 4.35%
  • Phoenician

1 4.35%
  • Other (please explain)

8 34.78%
  • Abstain

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the poll for Khinasi. Explain if you have other ideas. Basically if votes are close I'll just make it a combination of cultures.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the khinasi are both persian and arabian. I think that they are an amalgam of the various races and groups from the middle east.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah!, but what era of Persian? The current writeup in the Chapter 1 has us beleiving that it is Persia from the days of Darius and Xerxes (ancient Persia, a.k.a the Persian Empire). That area has been inhabited for almost 10,000 years. If we want to include the cultures of Persia that fit the artwork, the names and generally depicted culture, we should be looking at the 1200s.

This would be the time of the Caliphate in Persia, the Ottomans in Turkey, the Mughal in northern India and many other representatives of an Arabic / Islamic culture.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

I think a reference to the Arabian Nights would be in order, because of the wide dissemination of that work most people will be able to quickly grasp the imagery of Khinasi. Although I will admit that the region does not fit into that stereotype as, say, Al Quadim did.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for other, I think the Khinasi culture is based on the Basarji culture...
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i voted for other as well.

i always thought it had a strong resemblance with the Moors after they invaded spain and turned the cities into city states (grenada, visgoths etc...)

even the khinasi names are northern african as well

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Moors with being known for their alchemists is what I based the Khinasi with their high number of magicians on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted other, too. I think they're more of a blend of Arabs and Moors.
    Definitely not Egyptians or Persians.

I wouldn't know about Phoenicians, because, well, I just don't know about Phoenicians.
    <span style='color:darkgray'>&quot;I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork... Geeks unite.&quot;
    &#160;</span>&#160;<span style='color:brightgray'>&#160;&#160;—Kurt Cobain</span>

I voted other also, they seem more like the Moors and maybe a bit of the Arabs.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the Moors were the Arabese who brought about the words Algebra and Alchemy into our everyday life (I am sad to say that the greek educational system simply says it was the Arabs who did all the work, without further ado [I am not sure if this is the best way to put it, must dust my english off]) then, yes, I am all the way for Moors as well&#33; Basically, that&#39;s what they remind me most.

Thread Information