Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Awnshegh Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a proposal for building awnshegh. It is what fiftyone used to build The Spider that he posted on the general discussion boards. Basically it uses the Unearthed Arcana Bloodline model. Instead of having 'empty' classes to account for the LA buildup of the progression these are the points where the 'physical transformations' occur and the character gains an additional LA because of it.

See download in later post. This one was an earlier version that was 'mising' some things.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Although it was a bit thick to break down and figure out, I generally like this approach a lot, mainly because it allows normal character level progression while gaining awnshegh traits. This seems much less "hoggish" than awnshegh monster levels, which force most awnshegh to be epic if they are to be competent character classes as well. I also like that the LA for awnshegh still stack with total character levels for purposes of caster levels, class abilities, and determining overall number of feats and ability score increases. I do think, however, that that section could use some re-writing to clarify and simplify exactly what is or is not affected by the awnshegh LA's. Meaning, make two columns; Column A = stats that stack with the awnshegh levels, and Column B = things that are NOT affected by the awnshegh levels. This would be immensely helpful to new readers I think.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    oops posted the 'wrong' version of this try this one instead.

See later downloads for more 'recent' versions
    Duane Eggert

I think that it looks good.

With regard to the alignment to evil as part of the first level of the class: What about the SeaDrake? He didn't turn evil. So, is this automatic? or is there some kind of will save, or does the character's alignment just shift 1 step towards evil then, ie from good to neutral?
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by tcharazazel@Jun 25 2004, 01:37 PM
    I think that it looks good.

With regard to the alignment to evil as part of the first level of the class: What about the SeaDrake? He didn't turn evil. So, is this automatic? or is there some kind of will save, or does the character's alignment just shift 1 step towards evil then, ie from good to neutral?
    The alignment shift is automatic with no save. The character can always choose to not take the awnshegh level (and take the 20% exp penalty) and not gain the physical transformations associated with the awnshegh level.

The Book of Regency (pgs 24+) makes it fairly clear that the road to becoming an awnshegh is evil (and chaotic).

I wouldn't rely too heavily on all of the things in 2nd ed. 3.5 forces certain changes, one of them is utilizing a "logical" systematic method for building monsters. 2nd ed had no such thing and thus monsters (including awnshegh) had no pattern for their development. They just were. This type of reasoning has no place in 3.5.

Also, as Gary has pointed out the 2nd ed rules didn't require bloodform to become an awnshegh. This system does, and so will the BRCS. This has to do with the insertion of logic building or formula usage when building monsters, etc. in 3.5. Hence the insertion of the requirement of having the bloodform blood ability for the transformation.

Bottom line is does the system capture the feel and theme of BR andnot necessarily every exact attribute and detail of 2nd ed.?
    Duane Eggert

it does, its why i like it Just wanted to check that one difference from 2e is all.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 08:37 PM 6/25/2004 +0200, tcharazazel wrote:

>I think that it looks good.With regard to the alignment to evil as part of

>the first level of the class: What about the SeaDrake?

In BE the awnsheghlien who aren`t evil are mostly the ones based

(apparently) upon animals.

The Boar - Neutral

The Wolf - Neutral

The Hydra - Chaotic Neutral

The Leviathan - Neutral (evil)

But three others start out life as animals and are not evil:

Maalvar the Minotaur - Chaotic Neutral

Seadrake - Neutral

Siren - Neutral

The Banshegh is, of course, her own little weirdness being both (or

alternately) chaotic good and chaotic evil.

As a generality, however, seven of the twenty-five major awnshegh in that

text are not evil, so if one wanted to keep some sort of parity with that

then a system of portraying awnshegh should not require that they become evil.

It should probably also be noted that lots of awnsheghlien are not

chaotic. I think of Azrai as being a chaotic evil god, and there is text

to support that, but it doesn`t necessarily mean that awnsheghlien are both

chaotic and evil by definition.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    All right here is the latest version of the awnshegh build. Pretty much only Gary has voiced any negative comments on this process. I'm going to give it once last round of comments and then put it up for a sanctioning vote. This will then be added to Chap 9, when revised and the bloodform blood ability in Chap 2 will be revies to recognize this progression.

pdf version:

See later version
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the word version:

See later version
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about putting the awnshegh character class into a document along with

the UA Bloodline-Awnshegh method and let people vote on which option they`d