Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chap 1 Races

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman+Jun 24 2004, 04:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (irdeggman @ Jun 24 2004, 04:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bearcat@Jun 22 2004, 09:02 PM
    I found it curious that elves have an ability score bonus for an ability, while they have major penalties applied to skills that rely on the ability, but I think I can rationalize it as being more Sorceror than personable-related.
    Since human memories fade much quicker than do elven ones, the Vos might not remember the elven betrayal (i.e., last minute switching of sides) at Deismaar. Regardless, they didn&#39;t have the long history of racial wars that the other human cultures did with the elves. [/b][/quote]
    Ah, but that isn&#39;t quite true. After all, Tuar Annwn is part of the Shadow World now because of the elves had to unleash some terrible force to save their homeland from the Vos. The Battle Fens is proof that an epic war took place.

Cwmb Bhein retreated (Warded themselves away, seems to me) for a few thousand years to avoid the Vos, so that also makes me think Vos and elves don&#39;t get along.

Finally, the nona vs. tova struggle can be extended to elves, too, since the elves don&#39;t follow Kriesha and Belinik, and are thus enemies of the established churches.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duane, Can we get a similar poll done on the Khinasi? I favour a more Arabic culture than ancient Persia/Egypt.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Athos69@Jun 24 2004, 02:57 PM
    Duane, Can we get a similar poll done on the Khinasi? I favour a more Arabic culture than ancient Persia/Egypt.
    I was thinking of that too, expect one pretty soon.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman+Jun 24 2004, 04:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (irdeggman @ Jun 24 2004, 04:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bearcat@Jun 23 2004, 06:32 PM
    Out of curiousity, why were the DCs for the use of halflings detection abilities removed?
    Good question. I missed that change when I picked up Doom&#39;s revision to the chapter and no one else seemed to pick it up until now. I&#39;ll see what I can come up with to fix it. [/b][/quote]
    I went back through and looked at this again. I discovered (or at least the light bulb went on above my head) as to why the DCs were removed. The ability functions just like the spells listed. Adding DCs here would overly complicate an existing system.

The only detection spell listed here that has DCs is Detect Magic and that is to us a Spellcraft check to determine the school of the spell being used, not applicable since it only works on necromancy spells.

So, the DCs don&#39;t need to be added. I will add a note specifying that they function just like the spells for clarity.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it looks excellent.

My own personal one item wish list is seeing the improved carrying capaciities of dwarves come back... perhaps ignoring the max dex penalty for light and medium loads as well as the speed reduction... dream dream dream

Other than that looks 4-star
    Check Out Chronicles of the Neomyth for a unique RPG system authored by me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Kelphthal@Jul 16 2004, 07:05 PM
    I think it looks excellent.

My own personal one item wish list is seeing the improved carrying capaciities of dwarves come back... perhaps ignoring the max dex penalty for light and medium loads as well as the speed reduction... dream dream dream

Other than that looks 4-star
    Isn&#39;t this pretty much what that extra carrying capacity did (standard 3.5 dwarves)?

"Medium-size (4’ to 4’6” tall); base speed of 20 feet. However, dwarves can move this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load."

Well except for the dex penalty thing, but even so when the 3.5 core rules come so close to capturing the 2nd ed ability it only makes sense to go with it.

The next "revision" to this chapter will be coming out soon, real soon.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information