Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting Rasp, but wasn't this Eberron thing supposed to be a reward for winning a contest and creating a 'new' campaign setting?
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... I know, but even Johann Sebastian Bach once said: "Nobody has ever created anything original." When he was later on asked on what he meant by that, since they must have surely misinterpreted his words, he answered saying that we all are influenced by our knowledge and past experience and act accordingly, even when making art.

You could also make the argument that it resembles pre-cataclysmic Ansalon from Dragonlance. I think that it isn't so much in the origin of the idea as in the medium of the map. That is, most maps have the same proportions as a piece of paper, and if you want a map that focuses on a continent that is completely included in the scope of that map, maximizes land area, while retaining a certain amount of realistic appearance, you end up with that rough continental shape.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interestingly, Eberron (at least Khorvaire) looks like it could make a nice setting for a BR conversion, with the political situation there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Though there is certainly some similarity between the two concepts there is also quite a large difference in the setting that make the Dragonmarks very different from anything in BR. Korvair was fairly obviously based on Europe after WWI they just had there Last War. (hmmm.) And the design of the continent is like many Euro centric style continents that many artists have rendered. I have dont think any intellectual property was stolen by anyone. I just see similar ideas.
    The Former Osric Ilien
    -Blooood!

Thread Information