Thread: New Feats

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an idea and think it should be interesting to share (with a little pushing, you know who you are! ), so here it is!

Soothing Touch
    Prerequisites: Access to Healing or Suffering domain or remove disease spell-like ability, ability to channel positive energy or variant paladin of Cuiraécen.

Benefit: You may convert any spell you have prepared for any of the following spells, as long as the prepared spell you convert is at least 1 level higher than the spell you want to cast and that the latter appear on your spell list:
    atonement, break enchantment, calm emotions, delay poison, freedom of movement, heal, neutralise poison, regeneration, remove blindness/deafness, remove curse, remove disease, remove fear, remove paralysis, restoration (lesser, [normal], greater).

If you have remove disease as a spell-like ability, you may spend one use to cast remove blindness/deafness, remove curse, or neutralise poison, using your caster level. You can supress all ill effects, including blindness, confusion, daze, deafeness, exhausted, fascinated, fatigue, fear and its effects, nausea, insanity, paralysis, poisons and their effects, sickness, and stunning, but nothing else, for 1 minute per level times your Charisma bonus (minimum 1) by spending one use of remove disease. These count as uses of the remove disease spell-like ability in all senses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I can see, people must LOVE this feat: I have not been flamed this far; which happens to be setting a new record for me!

Really, there have been 19 views, and no comments? Am I that screwed up?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm not a flamer, so don't expect it from me.

One clarification: you can convert a spell you have memorized into one of the spells on the list, provided the spell you sacrifice is 1 level higher than the spell you cast. What is the "latter appear on your spell list" mean? That the new spell you are casting is a spell you are able to cast otherwise?

Just want to be clear in this.

If this is so, I like this feat. Very cool idea. Cool enough to recommend to The Powers That Be at WoTC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soothing Touch seems very similar to the Magician Domain from the BRCS. This is a smaller choice of spells to pick from, but it can be done more times per day.

Targeted Shot is different for me. I would have the bonus be used to negate the cover/concealment miss percentage. Then this would be something similar to the Blind Fighting feat for ranged combat. Maybe each shot negates 10%. This gets the ability closer to the prestige class ability of Sharpshooter in 3.0 that gave true strike a certain amount of times per day.

Thread Information