Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the BRCS is mostly taking from sources of the PHB only, so I am posting this here. If it should be in the other forum, we can switch this there.

For the free multiclass option of the paladin, I was reading throught the minitures handbook and thought the marshall would be a better choice than cleric.

Followers of Cuiraecen would be better at individual combat and the fighter class with its bonus feats help them become that.

But Haelyn's paladins are more of the inspiration, the leader of the body of troops. The marshall's aura fits in nicely with the high CHA most paladins should have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not allowed to use the marshal, unless it is OGL? Don't think so...

Currrently the Paladin multi classes are:

Neserie: Paladin/Cleric
    Haeyln: Paladin/Noble
    Cuiraecen: Paladin/Fighter
    Avani: Paladin/Wizard or Magician
    Moradin: Paladin/Fighter

marshall? As opposed to Noble? aside from potentially not being OGL, is it really more appropriate for the Diety who is the Lawmaker, and Lord of Noble War? I;m not that familiar with the Marshal class, however, if it just has 1 ability thats different than the Noble... why bother to change it?
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason that the BRCS was limited to the core 3 books was for user acessability. It is not logical to assume that the audience has all of the other books. We are talking about a large international fan following here. It is logical to assume that people have the PHB, MM and DMG (or the SRD) while not everyone will have the minutures or other splat books.

Once other references are included in areas like the multiclassing section then they become "mandatory" for everyone to have. Bad idea. A similar issue was brought up concerning using prestige classes in the multiclass options.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does work as a good house rule for some of the guys around me. They loved minatures and it worked nicely for scion/bodgyguard encounters.

Still waiting for Fields of Blood to arrive to get a little larger.

(Suprising that the blood ablilities did not excite them. They like the money and the armies.)

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by destowe@Jun 8 2004, 03:01 AM
    (Suprising that the blood ablilities did not excite them. They like the money and the armies.)
    Very surprising, everyone in my campaign is very interested in bloodlines, especially bloodtheft for some reason. Up last week, it was ruling a province/domain that hasn't interested them. (I gave them a couple of opportunities to take control of a province or two).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Heh, it's all about the power, whether its in the form of Money, Land, Bloodline, Political, Control, Military, Belief of the people, Divine, Arcane, Melee, ect. The bottom line is the more, the better. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Though to limit power to just 3 little things... would be foolish. Better to know what you desire, at the most basic level, and then pursue aquiring it on all levels. Much easier to acomplish your goal successfully then. As you will do it with a clear mind, unhindered by destractions for other unneccessary things. Of course, power is not the only thing to desire, just what D&D is really geared towards. Human kids delusions of power, endless entertainment value.

At least in BR it makes it worth while as you can live for centuries even as a human, heh when collecting power actually makes sense, otherwise, the life it too short to really bother, on a personal level. Then with the more realistic view, you need to truely think about the long run, and how you can shape the future by ensuring your heirs will aquire more titles, land and power essentially, how you can influence their development to best suit the goals you wish to accomplish, ect.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Thread Information