Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spell advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got your point there...

As for Greater Manyshot, allow me to post this from the Expanded Psionics Handbook as opposed to the Manyshot feat from the core rule-books:

Manyshot
    Prerequisites: Dex 17, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6
    Benefit: As a standard action, you may fire two arrows at a single opponent within 30 feet. Both arrows use the same attack roll (with a –4 penalty) to determine success and deal damage normally (but see Special).
    For every five points of base attack bonus you have above +6, you may add one additional arrow to this attack, to a maximum of four arrows at a base attack bonus of +16. However, each arrow after the second adds a cumulative –2 penalty on the attack roll (for a total penalty of –6 for three arrows and –8 for four).
    Damage reduction and other resistances apply separately against each arrow fired.
    Special: Regardless of the number of arrows you fire, you apply precision-based damage only once. If you score a critical hit, only the first arrow fired deals critical damage; all others deal regular damage.
    A fighter may select Manyshot as one of his fighter bonus feats.
    A 6th-level ranger who has chosen the archery combat style is treated as having Manyshot even if he does not have the prerequisites for it, but only when he is wearing light or no armor.

[Note: Precision-based damage is any damage that fortification can cancel.]

Greater Manyshot
    Prerequisites: Dex 17, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6
    Benefit: When you use the Manyshot feat, you can fire each arrow at a different target instead of firing all of them at the same target. You make a separate attack roll for each arrow, regardless of whether you fire them at separate targets or the same target. Your precision-based damage applies to each arrow fired, and, if you score a critical hit with more than one of the arrows, each critical hit deals critical damage.
    Special: A fighter may select Greater Manyshot as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have reworked the shocking missile spells once again. The duration is now fixed to 1 hour per lvl and I told the player to pick up the extend spell feat when looking to extend the duration further. So, are these spells now balanced for their lv? Are there problems, inconstancies or logical errors?

I have included three third lvl versions of the spell, mainly to give my player the choice whether to increase damage (to the current power level) or the number of arrows the spell provides. One of these versions is a straight transcription of the Flame arrow spell.

I will now erase the original spell and instead grant the mage access to the first and second lvl spells and one version of the third lvl spells. I guess that schould constitute a fair tradeoff for losing an unbalancing spell.

Here are the spells:

Lesser Shocking Missile

(transmutation, electicity)

Lvl: Sor/Wiz 1, Rngr1

Components: V, S, M

Range: Touch

Target: 1 or more projectiles

Duration: 1 hour per caster lvl or until discharged

Saving throw: No

Spell Resistance: Yes

The caster enchants a single arrow or bolt, plus one additional arrow for every four levels beyond 3rd (to a maximum of three arrows at 11th level). which can then be shot at a foe with no risk to the archer. On a successful hit, the arrow deals 1d4 points of electrical damage per two caster lvls (max. 5d4 at 9th lvl) in addition to the normal damage. If the arrow misses, the spell is wasted. The Arrow counts as a magic weapon for calculating damage reduction, but confers no other bonus to attack or damage. If a creature with spell resistance successfully resists the spell, it negates the additional electrical damage, but still takes the normal damage from the arrow.

Material Component: the arrow or bolt

Shocking Missile

(transmutation, electricity)

Lvl: Sor/Wiz 2, Rngr2

The caster enchants a single arrow or bolt, plus one additional arrow for every four levels beyond 3rd which can then be shot at a foe with no risk to the archer. On a successful hit, the arrow deals 1d6 points of electrical damage per caster lvl (max. 10d6 at 10th lvl) in addition to the normal damage. If the arrow misses, the spell is wasted. The Arrow counts as a magic weapon for calculating damage reduction, but confers no other bonus to attack or damage. If a creature with spell resistance successfully resists the spell, it negates the additional electrical damage, but still takes the normal damage from the arrow.

Material Component: the arrow or bolt

Greater Shocking Missile

Lvl: Sor/Wiz 3, Rngr3

As the spell Shocking Missile, except that the arrows now deal 1d8+1 damage per caster lvl to a maximum of 10d8+10 at 10th lvl.

Greater Shocking Missile (version2)

Lvl: Sor/Wiz 3, Rngr3

Target: 2 or more projectiles

As the spell Shocking Missile, except that the caster now enchants 2 arrows plus one additional arrow for every lvl above 5th.

Shocking Arrow

Transmutation [electricity]

Level: Sor/Wiz 3

Casting Time: 1 standard action

Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target: Fifty projectiles, all of which must be in contact with each other at the time of casting

Duration: 10 min./level

Saving Throw: None

Spell Resistance: No

You turn ammunition (such as arrows, bolts, shuriken, and stones) into shocking projectiles. Each piece of ammunition deals an extra 1d6 points of electricity damage to any target it hits.

Material Component: The arrows
    "The empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide. Thus it has ever been."
    - The Three Kingdoms, attributed to Luo Guanzhong, c.1330-c.1400

Downloads
    Uploads
    They look good. B)

Downloads
    Uploads
    To begin with I dont realy like the spell system, Personaly I would like wizards to have the option of casting higer levels spell, at personal risk.

at fyrst glance I migth rule thet the spell stlot of the spell "Shocking Missile" is in use until the arrow has been discharged. giving a limit to how many arrows you can stack up.

I also like the idee of limiting spells to area, such as the south coast, or some number of proviences (listed).

If the spells are to be cast somewere else you have to roll for wild magic with a DC depended on the magic flow at time of memmorising / or casting !!!

I would not alow the magic of the Shocking Missile to give triple damage.

I migth even give a wild magic roll to combining the spells to a single arrow. unless an extensive magic resarche is made.

Thread Information