Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    The variant hous rule I saw somewere is a good idee at least to consider.

The idee is to have the Rp gain system more related to the blood abilityes then before, and totaly free from the skill system or the class system.

- Rp colection is barred to all save thows who have the ability of there blood

- There is a new table conserning the numbers of blood abilityes a regent can have.

- There are new blood ability,

- provience level is counted as a holding level for purpuse of determin the RP colections.

NEW BLOOD ABILITY

Version 1
    RP Colection by holding

this ability can be present as bloodmark in regents thet do not qualify for having a blood ability. Also it dos not count agenst other blood abilityes the regent can have if the variant "number of blood abilityes" is not used.

tainted: RP collection is Half for one holding type
    Minor: Rp colection is normal for one holding type and half RP comection for the next type
    Major: Rp colection is Normal for 2 types of holdings

Version 2
    RP Colection by holding

this ability can be present as bloodmark in regents thet do not qualify for having a blood ability. Also it dos not count agenst other blood abilityes the regent can have if the variant "number of blood abilityes" is not used.

The theem of the blood determens witch holdings if more then one the regent can colect from, and how much in % the regent can gain from thows holdings.

Version 3..
    Dm option

Thees abilityes are awailable to all Blood types, but not all Blood lines, there are monsters thet rome the world thet never colect any Rp's by holding's thay usualy have other abilityes in exhnance for thees ones. there acsess to Rp is often easy by eating the other Regents and there children !!! Some are even belived to farm regents for there feasts.

I would like to know your thougths on this topic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sould have just put this post under:
    Chapter 5 ideas

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm afraid I'm not too keen on this idea. As higer bloodline scores, weighted in favor of the higher bloodline strengths (major, great), already allow for higher RP collections, this would further stack things in favor of the greater bloodlines, making them pretty much uber-powerful. No thanks. They have enough advantages already, though I wouldn't mind seeing a higher bloodline score bonus for major and great bloodlines [plug,plug... ].

Being a blooded scion is already the default requirement for RP collection from holdings as I understand it, it's only house-rule variants that allow for non-blooded RP collections in the BR world.

There are plenty of scions who are not regents (i.e., they have no holdings). Many of these aren't regents by choice or because no one would follow them. I think any DM worth their salt could deal with individual cases, like awshegh, who simply are incapable of ruling a realm. There are times when too many rules and restrictions is a bad thing, and I think this is one of them. Sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also this idea fails to work properly in a campaign where blood abilities are chosen randomly.

It also lays out that those with higher bloodline strengths are by the nature of their strength (Minor/Major/Great) better regents. There is no direct corrolary between bloodline score and bloodline strength, there really wasn't in 2nd ed either.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    for the past days Iv been thinking a lot about this.

the idee is not to bar some players from holdings.
    And I did not aim at making more powerfull bloodlines to have more types of holdings to colect from.

Now Im more thinking thet the blood sould define and even restrict the character in maters of what holdings he can colect RP's from. and this could even bee used to restrict some family blood lines from some adventure classes.

... Only idees

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I think this might be a good idea, and have played in campaigns with rules along the similar philosophy, it sounds a bit too divergent from what is presented in the original BR material to be included in a direct conversion.

What I would love is to see you do a writeup of the proposed rules, perhaps throw it a bit back and forth on the list, and then have it placed in the archives on BR.net.

Cheers,
    E

Thread Information